Do you choose your leader or go random?

Personally, I always go random.
    Me!
    53.73%
    Random!
    35.82%
    I let the Bananna do it!
    10.45%

Good thread. So far I've only played about 10 games, so I'm choosing my leaders and trying different strategies. Maybe later will try random.

I like the culture game so I've chosen Saladin twice, but I plan to cycle thru all of 'em.
    ...and I begin to understand that there are no new paths to track, because, look, there are already footprints on the moon. -- Kerkorrel

Comment

I am still working my way through the various leaders to see how the various strategies work out. I start random, and then restart if I get one that I have already played with for a long game or a couple of short games.

Comment

A little more than half the time, random. And I am finding my play style lends itself much better to certain leaders (Liz, FDR) than others (Monty).
        "Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is ... more cow bell!"

Comment

Normally, I pick Random, but lately, I have been playing an Indian leader to get Fast Worker, because I really like that unit.

Comment

Probably about 4 out of 5 random. Sometimes I want to try a particular style, and then I might choose someone in particular, but usually I just take whatever challenges I get.

Comment

I have only started 4-5 games where I chose the leader, I didn't finish any of those games...

Random
              This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I always chose one. I've changed leader a couple of times already. Still looking for the right one.
                Washington is doing good lately though!
                Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Me;but always changing the leader and the terrain.
                  Best regards,

Comment

playing egypt on earth ussually do washington but i am tihinking random from time to time

Comment

In that Civ4 is my first time playing Civ games, I have been choosing my leaders. I feel that I have grown abit as I no longer care about Creative but now want Philo or Fin or Org. I still prefer certain starting techs though. I am getting close to starting to choose Random though as I have played as most of the available leaders and have finished at least a half dozen games out of the 100 or so I have probably started.

Comment

"Life is random"
                        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Since CivI I have always chosen Rome as my civ, but I always change the name and rename the cities, so its my own civ. The Roman empire is the closest to what I percieve my civ would be like with the archtecture and culture.

However, I feel i am missing out on a lot of the game, and wanting to expand on my gameplay I started going random for a change. I got the Mongols this game.

Its an interesting twist for me.
                          The Rook

Comment

I don't understand why anyone would ever want to play the same civ in every game. It kinda kills the point in having special 'powers' for each civ
                            This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Is there a way to replay the same map(and other conditions)with other leader?
                              My thanks in advance.
                              Best regards,

Comment

Working...
                              X