I think I´ve developed Civ4 ADD...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I´ve developed Civ4 ADD...

I´ve started 30-40 games and haven´t finished a single one... I bought a whole new $1200 comp just for this game dammit. What´s wrong with me??
    I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

I feel for you, man - I do the same.
    "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
    "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
    Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

I have to make my own mod that only contains the first three eras. Maybe then I´ll get to the finish line...

Comment

Just send me the computer and I'll finish the games for you
        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I actually played a whole game, to the end, last Saturday. Of course the wife was kinda upset when I showed up in bed at 3:30am. I got my best score with an Augusta Ceaser win on Prince!

Comment

Re: I think I´ve developed Civ4 ADD...

Originally posted by Zoid
            I´ve started 30-40 games and haven´t finished a single one... I bought a whole new $1200 comp just for this game dammit. What´s wrong with me??
            you make the economy go round and round and round!
            THanks a lot, I work as a freelancer! Thanks to you I can raise my rate again
            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

I always play with Spaceship victory off. Accordingly, if a game is a forgone conclusion in my favor long before it is over, I open up the Map Builder and, depending on the map, create a modern (or whatever age I am in) Barbarian State (their own mini continent - with fully developed cities and improvements, workers, tanks, destroyers, lots of transports, etc.). Adds and interesting twist.
              "Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is ... more cow bell!"

Comment

Originally posted by Adagio
                Just send me the computer and I'll finish the games for you
                Nice try, Adagio

Comment

Re: Re: I think I´ve developed Civ4 ADD...

Originally posted by CyberShy

you make the economy go round and round and round!
                  THanks a lot, I work as a freelancer! Thanks to you I can raise my rate again
                  Your´re welcome, CS

Comment

If you're not enjoying the late-game, you're not doing it right.

It's pretty obvious, considering that the AI gets bonuses at Noble and above, that you have to work harder to win the game. Working hard to win a game of civ is fun, though.

Comment

Not fun enough...

Comment

Funnily enough, I do this with SMAC a lot and its carried on into Civ4. I've only completed 1 Civ4 game. (my first, Arabs Space Race)

I tend to lose interest about the time I'm 1000pts above CPUs which is often about late cavalry/early tank time.

Comment

I've already completed more games on CIv4 than on all previous incarnations put together, in fact, Civ4 allowed for my first ever spaceship win.

Only advice I can can give, is to up the ante and play at a higher level.
                          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I guess it depends. I play the game to relax, so I won't play on such a high level so as to cause me to think (much)

As a result, when I lead by 2000 points or so I will start a new game.
                            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Or give yourself little challenges. As the world's superpower, you ought to be able to extend your might even to the remotest reaches of the globe. Wage incessant war; be precise and ruthless; prune and raze big enemy cities; and if you get beaten or worn down and outdone by, you obviously weren't as strong as you thought you were.

Comment

Working...
                              X