Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10 things to make the game better in my eyes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Adagio
    Empire splitting should be a bit more advanced than just taking the capital...
    If it should be introduced then religion and anarchy in cities should be used. IE. if a couple of cities have a different religion then the state religion and these cities are facing unhappyness (or huge unhappyness) for a couple of turns, there's a risk (which grows each turn) that the empire splits.
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Originally posted by Adagio
      Ok, that I don't remember, I thought it was introduced in Civ2
      Hehe... I seem to having a deja vu here, I could swear you have said this before.
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Re: 10 things to make the game better in my eyes.

Originally posted by Rook
        10. Leader End Movies. It's kind of dull wiping out a civ. There's nothing but a simple text message that marks the event. I think it would be cool to see a movie of each leader's demise. Washington surrenders his sword to you. Napoleon is banished to Elba Island. Ghengis goes out fighting. Louis IVX loses his head. Tokugawa commits hare kari etc. It would surely be more satisfying to wipe these guys out.
        Anyone remembering the leader end movies of good ol' SMAC? Those were great!
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I like all the ideas.
          www.neo-geo.com

Comment

You kinda touch on this in a couple of places, but I'd realy like to see more economic relations with other countries, especially with resources.

In my present, game for example, I have 4 extra iron but there's no way I'm going to trade them since a) they're worth so much strategically, and b) the AI never seems to have more than 2 or 3 gold on hand.

I've been wishing there some sort of bourse (a National Wonder, perhaps?) where I could place my resources and then have the AI bid on them, offering gold per turn, flat fees, their resources, maybe even units and techs.

Associated with this, I'd like to be able to buy up another civ's extra resources to keep a third civ from having them, and I I'd like to be able to do this sort of wrangling myself.

Say I am at war with Catherine (yeah, there's a stretch of imagination) and she's getting her horses from Monty. Now Monty isn't friendly enough with me to stop trading with Catherine just because I ask nicely, but why can't I offer him a better price than Catherine for his horses? Even if I already have horses, it might be worth 10, 12 gpt to keep Catherine from building her Cossacks.

And on the flip side, if Tokugawa and Gengis are fighting and neither have iron, I'd be willing to take the diplomatic hit to force them into a bidding war for extra iron I have.

And to continute the theme -- I'd like to see resources tied to diplomatic agreements, including wars. Too often I see the AI saying it has nothing to gain from declaring war on my enemy. I'd like to offer Louis Silk, Gold, Copper, and some gpt for as long as he fights Elizabeth. Perhaps I'll give Ghandi Ivory to keep his open borders with me. Or I'll supply iron and horses to whomever adopts my state religion.

All in all, I'd like to see the economic side of the game opened up a little, and be able to effectivly buy my friends and spend my enemies into the ground.
            For some the fairest thing on this dark earth is Thermopylae, and Spartan phalaxes low'ring lances to die -- Sappho

Comment

Yaga, I agree we need more options like that, I wonder why they removed the option to make one AI decleare war against another AI for luxuries

Originally posted by Nikolai
              Hehe... I seem to having a deja vu here, I could swear you have said this before.
              I probably have, you know my memory is not what it used to be...

... ok, admitted, it has always been this bad
              This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I'm liking Yaga's ideas.

There's one thing on top of that I'd like to add.

3 levels of open border agreements.

Level 1: Allows trade between civs and free movement of non military units.

Level 2: Level 1 plus payed movement of military units, say, 1 gp to the other civ for each turn one of your units is in their territory.

Level 3: Free movement of all units. Requires very close relations to achieve. Alternatively have no level 3 open border trade agreements but have it activated by permanent alliances or some military alliances.

Added bonus caused by this implementation would be allowing open border trade deals to return to the way they were in CivIII since the exploits used in that game would become ridiculously expensive.
                LandMasses Version 3 Now Available since 18/05/2008.

Comment

Working...
                X