X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Normal and marathon.
    Best regards,

Comment

Marathon. It lets you actually complete large-scale military campaigns without spanning several ages. I agree that the early game is slow, but I don't mind pressing "enter" many times in quick succession.
      Lime roots and treachery!
      "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Marathon
        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Marathon definitely. Normally epic for LAN games.

If only PBEM on Marathon were a practical possibility.
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin
            PBEM on Marathon
            Now that's a scary thought
            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Start now and you might finish in time for the US' tri-centenary (or is it tercentenary?).
              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin
                If only PBEM on Marathon were a practical possibility.
                It would only take a few years to invent Macemen
                This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I recently switched to epic and think it strikes a good balance.
                  Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                  Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

no friggin' way I could do a game with anything less than marathon. At first it took getting used to. It seemed to take so many turns to build things like factories. But I'm used to it now.

Comment

MARATHON!
                      "You are one of the cheerleaders for this wasting of time and the wasting of lives. Do you feel any remorse for having contributed to this "culture of death?" Of course not. Hey, let's all play MORE games, and ignore all the really productive things to do with our lives.
                      Let's pretend to be shocked that a gamer might descend into deeper depression, as his gamer "buds," knowing he was killing himself, couldn't figure out how to call 911 themselves for him. That would have involved leaving their computers I guess."

- Jack Thompson

Comment

I don't have enough hours in a day to play anything faster than normal, and I don't mind playing on Quick most of the time because it's really nice to be able to sit down and finish a game of Civ in one sitting without worrying that I've wasted a weekend trying to do it.

Comment

I wonder what's the fastest game ever played (and won)... Settings: duel map, quick speed, playing as Montezuma, win by conquest (probably with nothing but Jaguars)
                          I've never tried anything faster than Epic, but considering how fast I won on epic with those settings, quick would probably be over within minutes
                          This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Working...
                          X