No announcement yet.

Accelerated Production in CIV4???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you tried to disable tech-trading, maybe this will slow them down?

Just curious, but what's fun about the game if you're 100% sure you'll win? I don't see what fun it could be if you had tanks, while the enemy was still using bows
    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Platapus
      No, no. I AM a good player, seriously. And, I set my difficulty to settler. I do enjoy the bonuses and I do get ahead of them somewhat, but in CIV 3, I mean, like I could have tanks against musketmen or to some extent like that.
      I don't understand how you can be a good player and not completely trounce the computer players on the Settler level

Maybe you are not used to the nuances of Civ 4 yet, such as $$$ is everything. Just play a couple of games and you should have like a 3000 point lead.
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

3000 point lead? That must only be on Settler right? I've never played that level. When I play on Noble, I tend to compete with one or two AI civs for the first place.
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Even on Prince I can almost double the point total of the other civs. On Settler I can have tanks while they have longbows. And I just started playing Civ with Civ4, so I would say the original assessment was correct, you just aren't good enough yet.

Comment

Yes, you're probably too used to the Civ3 way of thinking.

On Settler, you can keep your research at 100% at all times and still have positive gold, later stockpile thousands of gold, and getting Tanks vs. Longbowmen is hardly a problem.
            Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
            I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Actually, on Settler, Tanks vs. Longbowmen is a problem - the only way you can make it happen is to gift the AI the longbowmen techs, otherwise you'll have to make do with Tanks vs. Warriors

But seriously, do you really such extremely lop-sided games?
              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Solver/Crossfire: You're talking in response to me now?
                Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

The problem would be more like avoiding the temptation to kill everyone off when you get to Macemen, but you have the right overall idea .

As much as I love having a good challenge, maybe I should try a Settler game someday and see just how bad I can trash the poor AIs.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
                    Solver/Crossfire: You're talking in response to me now?
                    I was still referring to the original poster.

Comment

I thought so.

Comment

So was I...
                        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

Ah! Then we're all once again a whole and happy family.

Comment

Except the OP, who needs to practice some more

Comment

I could always need to become better, I'm the good ol' mediocre me as always.

Comment

"Yes, you're probably too used to the Civ3 way of thinking.", I agree with one person-him. I played CIV 3 for many years and did, indeed, get used to that way of thinking, I just need toget a new strategy.

Comment

Working...
                                X