Accelerated Production in CIV4???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accelerated Production in CIV4???

I have had CIV 4 since it came out, and I am really used to accelerated production in CIV 3. I looked into the modes, but the quick game just happens quickly, I don't actually have technologies sooner. In CIV3, I chose accelerated production and I could have tanks by like the 1600's or 1700's. Is there any way to have anything like accelerated production in CIV 4?

There seems to be a surfeit of Platypodi on the fora these days
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Isn't the plural of platypus, platypi? Oh well, that's not the issue. I still want to know how to get accelerated production. If it's not possible, they should add it on an expansion pack, along with other civs like Israel. Still not the point though. I still need accelerated production.

Comment

The plural of platypus is platypuses. There is no particular reason to use the Latin plural, especially when the word itself is actually Greek.
        Participating in my threads is mandatory. Those who do not do so will be forced, in their next game, to play a power directly between Catherine and Montezuma.

Comment

O, sorry. This discussion is really off-topic. I still do need to know how to get accelerated production, so nobody post about platypuses or platypi or anything, please :-)

Comment

Go to custom game and choose a later starting age.

The "pus" is from Greek "pous" (for foot, I believe), therefore you wouldn't use the latin plural. "Podi" is the Greek plural form, hence, technically, Platypodi, Octopodi.
            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

I get it. About accelerated production, starting at that age wouldn't help me. In CIV 3, I would have units and technologies MUCH earlier than my opponents. Is there any way to do something like that in CIV 4?

Comment

Play on Settler.

Comment

I have tried, it still doesn't work the way of old CIV 3.

Comment

I guess the only other option is editing the XML files. Not sure how exactly, but you'd probably want to give the AI research penalties.

Comment

Good Idea. I should learn how to work with XML first though......

Comment

The AI gets such crazy penalties on Settler that you can go with Tanks vs. their Longbowmen...
                        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I have tried, on Normal speed, starting from the beginning, with them on settler, I'm not that far ahead. And I make sure my research is as high as it can go.

Comment

Then you're probably an, err, not very good player .

On Settler, you get huge bonuses to health and happiness, a big maintenance discount, three free techs and the AI has penalties to boot.

Are you setting the difficulty right? You do, in fact, need to set YOUR difficulty to Settler and leave theirs as it is. Maybe you're doing it wrong in game setup?
                            Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                            I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

No, no. I AM a good player, seriously. And, I set my difficulty to settler. I do enjoy the bonuses and I do get ahead of them somewhat, but in CIV 3, I mean, like I could have tanks against musketmen or to some extent like that.

Comment

Working...
                              X