Funny Promotion Graphics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny Promotion Graphics

This is probably not the weirdest thing ever seen in this game, but I thought it funny enough to share.

I'm in the middle of a war and one of my cavalry units has earned a promotion the previous turn. It's not badly damaged (13.x), but the graphics has only two riders. During this turn (1865), I move the unit on a hill and promote it which brings it up to 14.x. As I go on to attend to my other units, I suddenly hear horses! Sure enough, there's a third rider appearing on the left side of the screen, riding slowly towards his colleagues, even crossing a pond before he reaches them and assumes his position.

I have a feeling that this might have something to do with a glitch of the combat graphics where, during combat, the camera zooms away from the combat to some other part of the map and returns only after the combat is finished. It doesn't happen in each combat or even in each game, but the cavalry unit was affected in the previous turn. I remember someone else reporting that problem after the release of the last patch, but there was little discussion. The zoom-away-glitch (while not a serious issue) can be quite annoying, but at least it gave me a nice screenshot.
    Attached Files

Oh, and just in case someone wants to play this turn for himself, here's the autosave from the start of the turn.
    Attached Files

Comment

That kind of graphic thing happens on occasion, perhaps even a few times in one game. Don't be annoyed by it (unless you ENJOY being annoyed).

Comment

I actually find these graphical bugs second only in amusement-factor to the aqueduct bug
        "You are one of the cheerleaders for this wasting of time and the wasting of lives. Do you feel any remorse for having contributed to this "culture of death?" Of course not. Hey, let's all play MORE games, and ignore all the really productive things to do with our lives.
        Let's pretend to be shocked that a gamer might descend into deeper depression, as his gamer "buds," knowing he was killing himself, couldn't figure out how to call 911 themselves for him. That would have involved leaving their computers I guess."

- Jack Thompson

Comment

Such errors happen all the time

The aqueduct bug is fun, but the invisibility bug when attacking is annoying. A lot of times I think "damn, I've lost all my men", but then all of the sudden all tree of the enemies men dies one by one
          This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I agree that aqueducts are the best one. Sometimes, wonders can be fun as well. Once, my devoted subjects put Versailles in the middle of a cow pasture.

Comment

I think a number of these unit behavior issues are a byproduct of grouping them. That's when I notice most of the weird happenings

Comment

Originally posted by Adagio

The aqueduct bug is fun, but the invisibility bug when attacking is annoying. A lot of times I think "damn, I've lost all my men", but then all of the sudden all tree of the enemies men dies one by one
                I like that feeling - thinking I've lost and then realising that when Harry Potter graduated he became a Marine
                "You are one of the cheerleaders for this wasting of time and the wasting of lives. Do you feel any remorse for having contributed to this "culture of death?" Of course not. Hey, let's all play MORE games, and ignore all the really productive things to do with our lives.
                Let's pretend to be shocked that a gamer might descend into deeper depression, as his gamer "buds," knowing he was killing himself, couldn't figure out how to call 911 themselves for him. That would have involved leaving their computers I guess."

- Jack Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Adagio

Thanks for mentioning this - I thought it was a fault peculiar to my system.
                  EU questions? try here:-

http://www.europa-universalis.com/forum/

Comment

No AFAIK everyone gets it, even on high-end systems

- Jack Thompson

Comment

What's this aqueduct bug?

Sometimes, when someone attacks me, the guys appear to be shooting at eachother from few, even 5 or 6 tiles away. I'm thinking, good rifles. Sharpshooters... They are like hundreds of miles apart.
                      I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Originally posted by Tattila the Hun
                        What's this aqueduct bug?

- Jack Thompson

Comment

One game, I was out looking through the oceans, and i saw a lone Longbowman treading water all by himself...

What the?

I look around and see a city with only 2 longbowman in it... activate him and the other guy came home.... Happened a couple times now that i think of it.
                          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?...So with that said: if you can not read my post because of spelling, then who is really the stupid one?...

Comment

I have seen these things happen more and more since 1.52
                            anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Are you sure you're not just playing more?

- Jack Thompson

Comment

Working...
                              X