Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should unit built limits scale to map size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Axxaer

But scaling movement would not only not make sense, but would remove one of the main reasons why people would play a larger map. When I play a huge map I expect it to take 10 turns to get to the nearest continent in a caravel.
    But it doesn't take years for a modern DD, BB or CV(N) to cross the globe...

Where are teh cruisers!
    I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Originally posted by Tattila the Hun
      But it doesn't take years for a modern DD, BB or CV(N) to cross the globe...

Where are teh cruisers!
      I think this another realism vs. game-play-ism situation.

If you want modern cruisers to be able to "cross the globe" in less than "years" then I assume you think that on a huge map it should only be 1-3 years to "cross the globe". I assume crossing the globe is somewhat like half-circumnavigating (is there a word for this?) the globe, so i should take 2-6 years to go all the way around a huge globe. Take into consideration that, AFAIK, huge is bigger than Earth.

Then, following this logic, assuming this 2-6 years on huge has been scaled up from smaller sized maps (which is the suggested idea) then by my back-of-a-napkin-in-my-mind calculations, you should be able circumnavigate the globe thrice per turn on a duel sized globe.

No, no point to this post I'm just rambling...
      "You are one of the cheerleaders for this wasting of time and the wasting of lives. Do you feel any remorse for having contributed to this "culture of death?" Of course not. Hey, let's all play MORE games, and ignore all the really productive things to do with our lives.
      Let's pretend to be shocked that a gamer might descend into deeper depression, as his gamer "buds," knowing he was killing himself, couldn't figure out how to call 911 themselves for him. That would have involved leaving their computers I guess."

- Jack Thompson

Comment

gotsta have more banana's
        anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

I think it should scale.
          Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
          The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Working...
          X