No announcement yet.

The Ultra Early Quecha Rush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The odds quoted were as high as 93.4%!!!!

Originally posted by couerdelion

You forgot the 25% fortification bonus for 5.85 on the archer. So you need city raider III AND cover just to be slightly odds on. Of course with a 2:1 ratio, you can fight at 4.7 v 5.85 but a spare Quecha might be desirable to make the attack safe if the dice really turn on you..
    You only need city raider III to win in a city that has a culture defense. Unpromoted archers fall quite easily to Cover and CRII in cities without culture defense. But anyway I only attack when I have the numbers to positively assure victory. I leaned this lesson the hard way once when I first got this game, no gambling in combat for me anymore. City garrison II archers and impossible to kill until you have catapults and swordsmen, and then they are still tuff.

Comment

Re: Re: The odds quoted were as high as 93.4%!!!!

Originally posted by bobshiznit I learned this lesson the hard way once when I first got this game, no gambling in combat for me anymore. City garrison II archers and impossible to kill until you have catapults and swordsmen, and then they are still tuff.
      A sensible way of going about things although you are still gambling even if the odds are overwhelming. You are just taking a much safer bet. The 5.85 (25% fortifiy/20% culture/50% city) defender is quite a common one.

The other "tough nuts" are those cities on the hill - even harder to break than are city garrison archer in a no-terrain-bonus-city. Even without the culture you've got something like a 6.75 archer defender so I might be inclined to throw 3:1 Quecha at these, or perhaps just leave them for later.

Comment

Working...
      X