How to destroy your own town?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to destroy your own town?

Ok say you screw up and establish a town that you wish you had built two squares over, but now you are stuck with it. Is there anyway you can destroy your own town so you can build it to a better spot? In Civ 2 I remember a trick where I could starve all the people until my town was its smallest size and I would build a settler and that would destoy the town. Obviously in civ IV this is not possible. Any ideas?
    Last edited by kerbox; January 23, 2006, 14:59.

Nope, short of letting AIs take cities.

Plan better.

Comment

Gift the city to an AI faction. Declare war and raze it. Not particularly efficient, or even diserable (under most circumstances), but, unfortunately, it's one of the few recourses you have.

Comment

'Cheat' and load the autosave. Also check if the World Builder helps(?).
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Volstag
          Gift the city to an AI faction. Declare war and raze it. Not particularly efficient, or even diserable (under most circumstances), but, unfortunately, it's one of the few recourses you have.
          -10 You razed our city!

Comment

+10 And then raised it (from the ashes!)

Be Americans and call it Phoenix.
            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Survey the land with scouts first before you build your cities.
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

CTRL+W, erase mode ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin
                  THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                  AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                  AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                  DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin
                    Good one!

But seriously, are there anything more into this joke than pure fun? Has it anything to do with the ACW or something?
                    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                      Survey the land with scouts first before you build your cities.
                      What if it is one of those barbarian cities you culturally absorbed?
                      Iirc, they join your empire with or without your consent.
                      The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

I'm not sure about barbarian cities in particular, but I know that if you culture flip another civs city it asks if you will let them join your glorious empire.
                        "You are one of the cheerleaders for this wasting of time and the wasting of lives. Do you feel any remorse for having contributed to this "culture of death?" Of course not. Hey, let's all play MORE games, and ignore all the really productive things to do with our lives.
                        Let's pretend to be shocked that a gamer might descend into deeper depression, as his gamer "buds," knowing he was killing himself, couldn't figure out how to call 911 themselves for him. That would have involved leaving their computers I guess."

- Jack Thompson

Comment

Same with barb cities IIRC.
                          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

hmmm, seems I don't play enough... too much RL, I guess.
                            The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Originally posted by Dry
                              What if it is one of those barbarian cities you culturally absorbed?
                              Iirc, they join your empire with or without your consent.
                              In that case I don't see why anybody wants to destroy it. So what if it is slightly out of position? It can still generate $$$.
                              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                              X