No announcement yet.

Idea for a new great person: the Secret Agent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spy - Redirects net coin and research from any one other civ city for 10 turns.

Comment

Originally posted by Tattila the Hun

What would be a good starting tech? Monarchy?
      Hmm, well, Monotheism might work as well.

Judaism is available earlier than monarch, and spies are discussed in Genesis (42) and the jewish people sent 12 spies to scout the land in Numbers, and 10 of them made false reports (thus the bad reputation of spies was regarded even then.) On the other hand, The only translation of read of the Bible is post King James, so spies could be a concept from monarchy.

Alexander Dumas also wrote The Three Musketeers in 1844 and it would be hard to classify the character "Milady" as something other than a Spy.

But what do I know? I am a Computer Science major.

Comment

Is it possible to modify the spy and make the spy to be able to steal a technology ? If yes, someone can make a mod that do it. If no, in the next expaction pack for Civilization IV the spy must be able to steal a technology. Do you think about this thing ?

Comment

Sorry, I'm not feeling it. Maybe make regular spies more powerful (though I like them they way they are - after all, who ever heard of the CIA causing a Russian city to revolt, or vice-versa?)
          Amen. The spy in Civ 4 is one those few cases where less is actually more. Now who will be the first to burn me at the stake.

I think adding more great people will dilute the whole idea as well. However, I do like the idea of a Great General.

Someone balked at getting a Great Merchant. I beg to differ. At least his special power is repeatable. Once I build a shrine, I balk whenever I receive a Great Prophet. Receiving a Great Merchant brings back fond memories of a lost unit from long ago . . . the caravan (camel).

Comment

Working...
          X