No announcement yet.

What has been your quickest game ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To Fluke: I knew Dan Quayle, and you, sir, are no Dan Quayle.

Comment

Just remembered an even earlier finish.

Playing Gandhi at Standard, I got munched by Barbarians in around 1300 BC, shortly after finishing the Pyramids.

Not sure if it was the same "Barbarian Rush" that I got with Rome but there were definitely a few on the way. I just went out with a whimper.

Strictly speaking, I still had my second city so perhaps should have seen if I could have got back my Pyramids. Either that or lose my second city switching to the more advanced barbarian culture

Comment

I got hit by 8 barbarians (7 archers and one warrior) in 2800BC the other night on a Monarch start. I had 2 warriors at the time and didn't stand a chance. I was just trying to send my first settler out when they converged from all directions. I hadn't explored very well because my first warrior got eaten by bears.

Comment

4 turns. Got my settler eaten by wild animals.

I usually don't wait until I settle, but I was experimenting with things there.
          Get your science News at Konquest Online!

Comment

one of my first attempts of marathon.. Catherine decided to declare war right after I build my second city. Of course I had no chance to build anything to defend myself in a cpl turns, so my two size one cities were captured and razed. At least I learned that Catherine shouldn´t be left as annoyed for too much game time.
            I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

I haven't ever had a starting settler munched by barbarians, but I have lost a few games before 1000BC because I left my only city undefended while I explored. The earliest loss that made it to the save screen was 1900BC. (Usually I just hit "new game" when I know I've lost) In terms of time, it was probably about 5-10 minutes.

Comment

I'm still learning the intracies of the newest version, so I'm just playing on Prince at the moment. I won via Conquest today in 710 BC as Kublai - Pangea, Standard size, Marathon speed, 7 civs, Raging Barbs. Those Keshiks really paid off because our continent had very few open tiles - lots of jungle, forests and hills. Their ability to ignore terrain really helped me get them where they needed to go very quickly. One of them had 51 exp at the end. I got lucky and popped Animal Husbandry from a hut and found the horses pretty quick, then beelined for Horseback Riding. Fun game!

Comment

2 turns
                  i had a hut next to a settler
                  built city first turn
                  hut had hostiles in it

its the shortest possible should of saved it screen shot something

Comment

1 and 1/2 hours

first game on emporer. I thought I did everything peacefull, just trying to survive in last place

out of left field comes Mansa, gives my empire a dirt nap in two turns

next game Diety, can I last a couple turns
                    anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Immortal game

Call it "the Big Chicken"

Tiny
                      3 AI

About 2 hours to get my a@@ handed to me

dig the frontal attack the AI performed, and the swing around to my rear with a loaded galleon

and then there were none
                      Last edited by Addled Platypus; January 31, 2006, 01:41.
                      anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Working...
                      X