No announcement yet.

Highest Experienced Unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do units loose XP's at higher levels than noble? I just opened an old saved game and upgraded a 6/10 longbowmen to a mech inf. Not only did he keep his XP's, he also gained two promotions.

Comment

Not sure. I had a save where a few of my units lost a lot of experience, so they was set to have 12/26 experience
      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Unit XP is reset to a maximum of 10XP when you upgrade. If you had less than 10, there is no change. If you had, say, 20/26, your newly upgraded unit will now be 10/26.

-Arrian
        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I usually hit Cav before the AI, and so pump out a few for defense... since the AI is usually stack attacking me constantly.

I can usually get a few 28-30 XP cavs before they die off...

Comment

even if you loose XP, you do get to keep the promotions, dont you?

Comment

yep
              "You are one of the cheerleaders for this wasting of time and the wasting of lives. Do you feel any remorse for having contributed to this "culture of death?" Of course not. Hey, let's all play MORE games, and ignore all the really productive things to do with our lives.
              Let's pretend to be shocked that a gamer might descend into deeper depression, as his gamer "buds," knowing he was killing himself, couldn't figure out how to call 911 themselves for him. That would have involved leaving their computers I guess."

- Jack Thompson

Comment

Got a 38 XP (level 7) cavalry in my latest game (standard speed). Protracted war, I started with cavalry/cannon, but managed to get tanks and artillery after a while. The enemy AI had only riflemen, so I softened the city defenses with artillery, sent in the tanks and used a remaining cavalry to mop up. It ended with combat I-III, shock, pinch and flanking I.

Normally, I consider myself lucky to get a level 5 unit and unlock West Point.
                "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

I once heard an anecdote about the Chinese army. During the Japanese invasion of Manchuria, an American general was watching a Chinese division drill, using their artillery. Later he observed the same division in combat and asked the Chinese general why he wasn't using his artillery. The general reportedly replied "We are the most elite unit in the Chinese army because we have artillery. If we lose the artillery, we won't be the most elite unit in the army anymore"

My best was a pair of level 8 cossacks. They both died attacking the same seriously injured musketman.

Comment

Ok, you keep the promo on upgrade, but loos the XP, what about the level?
                    Will upgrading a level 5 unit make it a level 3 with extra promo, or a level 5 with 10XP?
                    Visit my CTP-page and get TileEdit and a few other CTP related programs.
                    Download and test SpriteEdit development build.

Comment

Originally posted by lockstep
                      Normally, I consider myself lucky to get a level 5 unit and unlock West Point.
                      Yup, me too. I am just not a very warmongering person. Or, alternatively, not a great micromanager, so I keep forgetting moving my most experienced units to another war.
                      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

One of my recent units with high xp. A real city buster:

I was playing the Greeks, so the 10% promotion is free with the aggressive trait.

Comment

Shame, it doesn't even have a name
                          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

I didn't want to give him a big head by nameing him personally. Leaders shouldn't get close to their fodder.

He doesn't even know I posted his picture so big hush on that. Theres nothing left to kill at home, soon as the first Galleons are produced he'll be shipping off and I doubt he'll come back.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver14
                              I didn't want to give him a big head by nameing him personally. Leaders shouldn't get close to their fodder.

He doesn't even know I posted his picture so big hush on that. Theres nothing left to kill at home, soon as the first Galleons are produced he'll be shipping off and I doubt he'll come back.
                              Ooo, you're a cruel, ruthless leader

Comment

Very true. He was there when the last Mongol died, when the German cities burned and when I backstabbed the Russians. Poor Cathy even shared my religion. Pitty.

Comment

Working...
                                X