Highest Experienced Unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highest Experienced Unit

What is the most experience everyone have gotten a unit up to?

I just finished a rather lame OCC game where I spent half the game fending off different invasion attempts. So I was able to get some pretty nice experience. I had a cavalry up to 53 experience points.

What's your best?
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

How many promotions did it have with that?

Comment

53!! You have to be kidding me. How exactly do you see the experience?

In my domination victory today, I don't think I had a single unit over 7 experience points. I don't think I've ever had a unit with over 4 promotions.

Comment

53 exp should not be impossible.
        Especially if you win lucky fights you can get huge exp.
        I once got 23exp from one single fight (My badly damaged swordman attacked from behind a river and destroyed a full strenght Knight)
        GOWIEHOWIE! Uh...does that
        even mean anything?

Comment

Originally posted by Saurus
          I once got 23exp from one single fight (My badly damaged swordman attacked from behind a river and destroyed a full strenght Knight)
          ?!

I thought XP was just based solely on what was killed (and whether attacking/defending), I had no idea health and terrain disadvantages were taken into account!

Yay! Unchristmassed smileys!
          "You are one of the cheerleaders for this wasting of time and the wasting of lives. Do you feel any remorse for having contributed to this "culture of death?" Of course not. Hey, let's all play MORE games, and ignore all the really productive things to do with our lives.
          Let's pretend to be shocked that a gamer might descend into deeper depression, as his gamer "buds," knowing he was killing himself, couldn't figure out how to call 911 themselves for him. That would have involved leaving their computers I guess."

- Jack Thompson

Comment

53 XP points?

I believe the max I've had is ~20
            This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I got a Navy SEAL to 48XP in my first game of Civ4 on the retail version (v1.00, v1.09), which was on Emperor.

The unit died in combat. (He was a heavy lifter! But you know what they say: live by the D-Day, die by the D-Day!)

- Sirian

Comment

Yeah, XP seems to be given out as a function of the percentage chance of victory.
                www.neo-geo.com

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion
                  How many promotions did it have with that?
                  Lets see...

It had a promotion at 2, 5, 10, 17, 26, 37 (I think), and 50. It would have had another one at 65, but I did something stupid and left him exposed. *sigh*

He had two withdrawal upgrades (60% total withdrawal chance), 3 10% strength boosts, blitz, and march.

Seven promotions

I let my infantry do the heavy lifting, and then used my blitz super-cavalry to clean up any remaining catapults, cannon, and injured units sitting around.

I had plenty of combat to keep busy with since the AI kept sending wave after wave of armies against my OCC city. I'd like to start an OCC game with an aggressive civ and see how far I can get my exp up to. I have no idea how its possible to actually win an OCC game, but watching all the big intimidating AI's power graph dip whenever they sent huge stacks my way was amusing.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Wow. I'm pretty sure the best I ever got was 26 (whatever gets you the 5th promo). It was a chariot, actually. I kept him around into the modern age and upgraded him to a chopper once he got promo #5. I think he had both flanking promos, combat 1, combat 2 and pinch...

I rarely get units much past 17xp. 53xp is mind-boggling to me.

-Arrian
                    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I usually don't really bother with units above 17exp because I'm not all that careful with them, by chance I've got a few lvl6 tanks though.

When you take large chacnes in your battles, like catapult waves, then they can promote very quickly. Like starting with an early invasion force of about 8 catapults it's not unusual for 2 of them to make it to 17exp. I'll be careful with those at 16exp of course.

It's bad to get attached to the l337 units because they just die upset deaths, so for me, easy come, easy go. I wont suicide them, but I wont coddle them either. Let them fight 60% odd battles and they get much more exp when they do win anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Axxaer

?!

I thought XP was just based solely on what was killed (and whether attacking/defending), I had no idea health and terrain disadvantages were taken into account!

Yay! Unchristmassed smileys!
                        To tell the truth, I don't have the slightest clue what is taken into account and what not when deciding how many XP you get from a battle.
                        But 23 XP is what I got .
                        GOWIEHOWIE! Uh...does that
                        even mean anything?

Comment

53 XP looks like a level 8 unit. That's really cool!
                          The best I've got is a couple of level 6 modern armors. Maybe I should keep them fighting, but they don't have any worthy opponents to accelerate the XP growth.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
                            I rarely get units much past 17xp. 53xp is mind-boggling to me.

-Arrian
                            You should have watched wave after wave after wave of AI units come and attack me. I had an infantry and another cavalry up around 30-35. But the infantry was killed with a 90% victory chance. That pissed me off. I was hoping to get him even higher than the cavalry.

And crap, I totally figured there would be folks out there with more. But if not, then I'll gladly take the trophy.

Comment

Managed to get a couple past 37 but they seemed to have a low survival rate.

Comment

Working...
                              X