This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Review my play

Last edited by Strategist83; January 12, 2006, 18:44.

Review your play? Ok I'll review it, but let me think about it for a moment.

Ok, based on my observations, I now feel that I can comment upon your style of play. At times it's really good, and sometimes it isn't. To be more precise, I'd like to use a method of scale to depict further my views upon certain aspects of your current style in use. Let's use a common bottle-nosed Dolphin as the unit of scale. I'd estimate, that at this moment in time, your approach to playing the game, borders upon somewhere between 7 Dolphins and 7.76 Dolphins (give or take a flipper or two).

I hope my feedback has been useful to you, if you need any further advise, then please don't hesitate to ask.
    Hengist.
    Hengist's MiG Alley Site

Comment

Pfft... What a poor taste in humour. Piss off.

Comment

I happen to enjoy looking at saved games... so I'll help in even though you're a bit of a moron.
        • You don't/didn't have enough workers. Towns are still developing around your capital. There are still jungle tiles (the one with the ivory camp is especially glaring).
        • You shouldn't be running Free Religion, come on, Organized Civ and you have a well spread religion. You should either be running Vassalage+Organized Religion, or Free Speech + Theocracy.
        • There's a whole lot of gold you're not scamming out of the AI's. Trade away all your spare resources for gold per turn, this would give an easy 40-50gpt.
        • No medics in your invasion force. This alone qualifies my moron comment . But hey, now you know, medics triple healing rate in enemy territory so always have them. (I reccomend lvl3 medic explorers).
        • You're organized and havn't built Courthouses, um? ... ? ...
        • You don't seem to have got some Wonders that are should have been pretty much gimmies. The Great Library is well worth it.

Anyway, a domination victory would be entirely possible. Whip your economy into shape by building courthouses, scamming gold from the AI's and running Free Market with next civic switch (this will bring you to 80-90% science, making a profit). Switch to theocracy (or Vassalage if you dun wanna switch to a state religion, the 22 free units will help as you build more military) and go on a warpath vs Mansa, take his holy city. Then smack Isabella around and take her holy city. With these holy cities in your grubby paws you'll be able to maintain 90% science easy (Especially since you're playing Organized). There's no need to stop smacking people around, so gobble up all of Mansa, then kill Catherine to get her out of the way. Then destroy Saladin and acquire Buddhism, to keep the 90% research. While your armies are down that end of the continent whack the english too.

By then you should pretty much have won Domination.

Comment

The protagonist seems kind of weak but I really liked the part with the Dolphins.

On Prince the bonuses the AI gets are noticeable over Noble. The AI seems to be able to build settlers fast and to expand quickly without going bankrupt and still keeping up with techs. Also it seems that civics are more costly (at least to me) so its best to watch how much civics are costing and to not use them if you don't need them. In my last prince game I didn't realize how much I was wasting on the caste system early on when I wasn't getting much benefit from it for example.

The best way to catch up is to slow them down, look for an enemy city with lots of towns, preferably a holy city then raze it to the ground. It can be expensive to hold a city in terms of military and in fending off existing culture from taking it back.

Comment

You know, Blake, I am still learning the game. You can take that comment of yours and stick it where the sun does not shine. Idiot.

Comment

I can't forsee you getting help again in future. Out of the detailed help that Blake gave you, the only thing you seem to have noted is that he didn't like your attitude in the previous post.

Comment

Originally posted by Strategist83
                You know, Blake, I am still learning the game. You can take that comment of yours and stick it where the sun does not shine. Idiot.
                I made that comment precisely because you act like a self-righteous idiot. I was simply making an observation, you can still learn from my Civ4 advice perfectely well. My suspicion is (or was) that you aren't actually worth helping, mainly because your head is shoved too far up where the sun don't shine. An experiment was nessecary to determine the degree to which you actually wish to learn. I have taken note that you are much more interested in name-calling than strategy gaming. You are welcome to not take offense at this post, but you may if you wish.

Comment

Whoa, dude. I've been reading your posts, and have yet to see you be courteous to someone. Blake took the trouble to download your save, open it up on his computer (which, depending on his specs, could be quite a time expenditure), analyse your game, and type up nicely-bulleted suggestions, and you give him this?

It's a good thing my initial reaction to your post was more like Hengist's than Blake's, else I'd have been pretty pissed by now.
                  THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                  AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                  AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                  DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Re: Review my play

Thanks in advance for any feedback!
                    I guess people just assumed you meant what you said and actually gave you any feedback. Perhaps you should have said "Thanks in advance for any positive feedback so long as it isn't remotely funny! "
                    "You are one of the cheerleaders for this wasting of time and the wasting of lives. Do you feel any remorse for having contributed to this "culture of death?" Of course not. Hey, let's all play MORE games, and ignore all the really productive things to do with our lives.
                    Let's pretend to be shocked that a gamer might descend into deeper depression, as his gamer "buds," knowing he was killing himself, couldn't figure out how to call 911 themselves for him. That would have involved leaving their computers I guess."

- Jack Thompson

Comment

@ people you can find on the internet

Comment

Hmmm his OP is now blank...
                        "You are one of the cheerleaders for this wasting of time and the wasting of lives. Do you feel any remorse for having contributed to this "culture of death?" Of course not. Hey, let's all play MORE games, and ignore all the really productive things to do with our lives.
                        Let's pretend to be shocked that a gamer might descend into deeper depression, as his gamer "buds," knowing he was killing himself, couldn't figure out how to call 911 themselves for him. That would have involved leaving their computers I guess."

- Jack Thompson

Comment

That dolphin post was hilarious... 7.75 dolphins give or take a flipper or two LOL... classic!
                          The Rook

Comment

Originally posted by Axxaer
                            Hmmm his OP is now blank...
                            He left the insults though in case we forgot. I think our Danish friend needs to hop over to Belgium, get some special brownies then come back and read the Dolphin post. I'm sure it will be much more entertaining for him then.

Comment

I think it was a bit of a misunderstanding. I feel a little bad for the guy.

Comment

Working...
                              X