The Religion Shrine issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Religion Shrine issue

I have noticed that when you have two religions founded in the same city that has the Wonder cap on it, you can not build that Shrine, even through that is the only place it can go. I don't know what to do, but I wihs i knew first why this glich is there and second, why they capped the number of wonders in a city.

The number of wonders per city was capped in order to give players an incentive to develop multiple core cities. It's one of the better ideas for fighting the Infinite City Sprawl strategy that was implemented in Civ4.

I agree though, it's a shame that you can't build the shrine in that city. Make a note of your situation in the patch ideas thread:

Comment

I know there's a limit of 2 national wonders per city, but the Shrine is a world wonder.
      What's going on?

Comment

I was able to get the Kong Miao and the Dai Miao built in the same city. I was really surprised when Taoism started in the same city where Confucionism started because I had like 5 cities at the time. Here's a screenshot.

I was playing version 1.52 at Warlord trying for the cultural victory.
        Attached Files

Comment

Yes, but did you have 2 national wonders? =]

Comment

I never had a problem building more than a shrine in a city.
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Nor I. In fact, in my last game I had two shrines, plus two national wonders, plus a world wonder all in one city.

I'm puzzled by the opening post.
              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Maybe this will help, I am one of those players who like to build as many wonders in one city as possible. there is a cap of 6 wonders per city. I hope that helps.

Comment

If that's a cap you hit often, it might be time to shift up a difficulty.

Comment

There's a cap of six wonders per city?

I know I've built more than that...

Comment

When I was screwing around in the Worldbuilder, making a Grasslands Floodplains city with all the resources , I was able to build pretty much every wonder in the game.

Comment

I have never heard of any caps on number of world wonders you can build in a city.
                        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I've never encountered a wonder cap either, and if there is one I KNOW it's higher than 6. I've built 4 shrines in one city with two national wonders and most of my wonders, and I can get most of them if I try.

Comment

Are you sure that you're not trying to build the Shrine in the wrong city? What does it give for reason that you can't build it? Screenshot?
                            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Originally posted by tijuanacowboy
                              I was able to get the Kong Miao and the Dai Miao built in the same city. I was really surprised when Taoism started in the same city where Confucionism started because I had like 5 cities at the time. Here's a screenshot.

I was playing version 1.52 at Warlord trying for the cultural victory.
                              You don't seem to be having too many problems building further wonders, considering you are now building Notre Dame
                              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                              X