Diplomatic Victory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rah View Post
    I don't know. If you listen to slnz, he's so good at the diplo side that he could probably keep a civ friendly with him, while he's attacking him.
    Aww now you made me blush

I don't think I've had Friendly at wartime. Pleased at wartime happens every now and then though. Can be funny to wage war against someone and still have them vote for you in AP/UN.
    It's a lowercase L, not an uppercase I.

Comment

"This war ruins our relationship," a delightful comment on its own, provides at least a -3, making friendly almost out of the question. At least the AI you are at war with don't come calling with ridiculous demands.
      No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
      "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

But it is funny when they declare war on you, you bloody their nose and take all their money and whatever for peace and it's like it never happened.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Not so however, when you declare on them. They and their friends remember all game stuff that happened around 0 AD.
          No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
          "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Yep, that always annoyed me but it's part of the game.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

clever bot.
              I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
              [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Originally posted by Blaupanzer View Post
                Not so however, when you declare on them. They and their friends remember all game stuff that happened around 0 AD.
                I find it's easier to get a civ pissed at you enough to declare war on you then it is to stay friendly with multiple civs. If I want to go to war with somebody, it's usually easy to set up the situation so that they declare on you... move their big stack into your territory where you can destroy it on your terms, and then move into their territory and mop up.
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

The problem with that is they dilly dally and take too long before they release their hounds.
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

You can always take the warlord strategy. Keep *everybody* pissed at you and never sue for peace unless they give you techs and such. Build great wall and Zeus and always fight on your territory. Use your great general to make uber warlord units. It's actually a fun strategy and a nice change of pace.

Comment

• Hell, my normal game is having most pissed at me since I routinely blow off every request.

And since I usually play no tech trading, they never have anything to offer that I give a crap about.
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                      X