Why did my Ironworks stop being built?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DrSpike
    Except he's kinda right. If you start over because you have no iron or copper then I feel sorry for you.
    That's the usual tendency when one plays with "raging barbarians" on at a respectable level.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Usual for you maybe.

Comment

Methinks the original poster was building Ironworks in 2 cities at once and one finished. Quite possible with the game asking you what to build in every city before the turn starts, and then recommending the same wonder for 2 cities in a row.
        ~I like eggs.~

Comment

That sounds like it. Though it's such a silly mistake.
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Doesn't the Ironworks require 8 (or thereabouts) Forges? Is there a chance that one of these was "taken out"? Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by ghen
              Methinks the original poster was building Ironworks in 2 cities at once and one finished. Quite possible with the game asking you what to build in every city before the turn starts, and then recommending the same wonder for 2 cities in a row.
              No that wasn't the case. Besides, you're not allowed to build a Wonder once another city has started constructing it, or even if it's just in the build list. The icon is greyed out and you can't select it.

Comment

What about the forge theory. Did you lose a city with a forge in?

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                  What about the forge theory. Did you lose a city with a forge in?
                  No, I wasn't at war and no one had Spies at the time. Besides, I had 13-14 cities at the time most of which with Forges. There was plenty of backup, I would have had to lose a sizable chunk of my empire.

Comment

Originally posted by Willem

No that wasn't the case. Besides, you're not allowed to build a Wonder once another city has started constructing it, or even if it's just in the build list. The icon is greyed out and you can't select it.
                    The 'What shall we build next in...' popups can allow two cities to construct the same wonder. Often it even recommends it.

Not played .52 yet though, so that may have been fixed.

Comment

Working...
                    X