Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think the game plays too fast on 'normal' speed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my last epic game was completed with an awesome military conquest victory after 14 hours and 3 minutes
    I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

For those doubting that the game was made fast on-purpose to appeal to RTS fans (and probably multiplayer):

FEATURES:
      Faster-Paced Fun - Gameplay has been streamlined for a tighter, faster, and more compelling experience.
      Greater Accessibility and Ease of Play - An easy-to-use interface will be immediately familiar to RTS and action game players, and newcomers to the series will be able to jump in and play.

This is of course good to attract new players, but apparently not so loved by most of the veterans.
      Last edited by Tiberius; December 21, 2005, 06:36.
      "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
      --George Bernard Shaw
      A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
      --Woody Allen

Comment

They should release a few more game speeds in a patch. That way they're all nice and official.

I'd like to see a hybrid "even slower tech with normal speed unit building and epic speed structure building".

That will encourage more and bloodier wars. Not that I'm a crazed warmonger, but it would be fun.

Comment

I'm a crazed warmonger. And yes, it would be fun.

Comment

I prefer faster, more dynamic games. Makes it interesting.

Comment

This is what I enjoy doing, quicker research and longer plaay:

Get the tech in hand and then have time to use it!

Thats why I enjoy great big maps and wil continue to tweak and mod so I can do this very thing.

Of course, I am currently using a couple mods I d/l for current levels of competitio

Merry Christmas All

Bruce "Often Grumpee Grandpa Troll" Cronkite
              Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

It seems to me that prefered game speed may depend somewhat on whether a player favors the "builder" style, or the "warmonger' style. When playing Civilization I tend to be a "builder", (if I'm in the mood for combat I will usually choose to play a "traditional", turn-based, wargame) and like deciding how to develop my civilization. I like having lots of decisions about what to build and what to research, thinking carefully about each decision and taking quite a bit of time on each turn. Consequently, I get bored by long periods spent having nothing to do but move my scout (or explorer), click "end turn" repeatedly, and wait for something to happen. From my point of view the early game on "normal" is too slow, though it gets better as more cities get built and production speed increases.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I would think that players who are more oriented to warfare would prefer Epic or Marathon due to the (comparatively) faster speed of the troops and having more time to conduct wars without having to bother so much with making decisions about what to research and what to build.

If you turn off "pause at the end of turn", automate your workers, put most cities on the Governor, and play Epic or Marathon, I'd think you would be able to have a rather quick playing, combat oriented, "quasi-RTS" style game. If (like me) you prefer a longer, slower, more "strategic", less combat oriented game, then I think Quick would be the appropriate choice. It's nice to have a game that can be played in several different styles and still be a good game.
                Last edited by JeffS; January 5, 2006, 21:36.
                All My Best,

Jeff Sutro

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

What for? I mean, what do you have to do before that? Moving a unit randomly around the map?
                  I had an idea that I´ve refined. A 10 000 BC start is a bit much come to think of it
                  I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

mod, ooo i want mod

so where is this mod?

Lol I just realised I already had dearmad's mod :P
                    i would like to have it too.
                    i have visited you game site, please visit mine....

www.playnet.com

Comment

Working...
                    X