No announcement yet.

new patch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While others would argue that some people really have no idea what unsuitable for release means, and there would be some validity to that argument, too!
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
      While others would argue that some people really have no idea what unsuitable for release means, and there would be some validity to that argument, too!
      Yes. As releases of complex applications go, 1.09 is quite stable and, thus, also quite suitable for release.

It is not, however, feature-complete.
      Last edited by SCarton; December 18, 2005, 00:00.

Comment

Does that mean it's still slow and crashes lots?

Comment

1.09 didn't have any specific huge performance boosts, although it might run faster for those who had extreme slowness in v1.00. Crashing depends absolutely on you. For some people v1.00 didn't crash, for others v1.09 didn't crash, etc.
          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

which is why shiva said "some" not "all". i personally had no problems before patch, now i do. harkonnens fix(wake up fireaxis) as helped a lot but not completely.
            i would also bet that a lot of the people that are not having problems are not playing huge, epic maps.

Comment

How on earth does it depend on me?
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by mike2h
                i would also bet that a lot of the people that are not having problems are not playing huge, epic maps.
                And some people (such as myself) have no problems with huge epics at all.

Great games, but with so many competing civs (and with me not being such a warmonger), not easy to WIN.
                I have issues with playing below Noble difficulty, or above it for that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                  How on earth does it depend on me?
                  He meant on your system - how the game interacts with your specific computer.

Anyway, it is my hope that the next patch will improve performance for many people who are still having crashing/slowdowns.

-Arrian
                  grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

just to gloat -I had no problems before the patch - nor do I have any after - I can more realistically zoom out to the globe view mode now which is nice.

Comment

Working...
                    X