new patch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new patch?

anybody heard anything about the next patch? not worried so much about gameplay issues as much as instabilities created by last patch.

put dis in for support for a new patch.

I bought this game for my brother for christmas. I really would like to give him a game that runs a little better. I'm hoping we get another patch in before christmas.

Comment

So I'd hope too, but I suspect our chances are slim...
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

A patch in the next 9 days?

Forget about it...
        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

I'm sure there will be a second patch... eventually .
          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

There will be another patch. Will it be out for x-mas? That I don't know.

-Arrian
            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I noticed that Civ4 has been reduced in price and is climbing back up the sales chart on Amazon.co.uk (equivalent to about $30 now).

Influx of new Civers and therefore new Apolyton members on the horizon, methinks. Probably as good a reason as any to start making more patches.

Comment

Our new registrations had a huge spike anyway when Civ4 was released.

Comment

Was 1.09 the first patch?
                  I'm wondering exactly where 1.00 through 1.08 went...

Comment

Well, 1.00 went to stores on the day Civ4 was released. 1.01 to 1.08 were internal Firaxis builds.
                    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

i know they are working on one, was just wondering if there was yet a possible date for sending it to the publisher. took about a week after they got it last time.
                      looks like we are to the 1st of the year or later

Comment

I just hope it comes out with sufficient time before holidays end - around start of Feb for me
                        "You are one of the cheerleaders for this wasting of time and the wasting of lives. Do you feel any remorse for having contributed to this "culture of death?" Of course not. Hey, let's all play MORE games, and ignore all the really productive things to do with our lives.
                        Let's pretend to be shocked that a gamer might descend into deeper depression, as his gamer "buds," knowing he was killing himself, couldn't figure out how to call 911 themselves for him. That would have involved leaving their computers I guess."

- Jack Thompson

Comment

1.00 is the out-of-the-box version, 1.01 till 1.08 are intermediate versions that were unsuitable for release.

Comment

Some might argue that 1.09 was unsuitable for release

Comment

there would be some validity to that argument.

Comment

Working...
                              X