Too close for comfort.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now this is reallly close.

No clue to what the settings were for this game. I was just testing different maps to see what they looked like(hence the name test) and was alt-tabbing and watching t.v. so not paying too much attention and then wtf, what is this, we are all on one continent.

I am guessing that I somehow hit custom continents and got everyone on one continent or I dunno maybe a really weird archy map, I quickly made a new game because that was just plain bizarre.

Comment

I figure I'll put the Mongols out of their misery as soon as I get a few galleons built and use their city as a staging point for campaigns on the super continent.
      You build a city there and you will LOSE it to Washington's culture in nothing flat! (Unless you have culture flipping totally turned off).

Either raze the city or let them be.

Comment

Actually Washington doesn't exist anymore, at least on that map heh.

We didn't go over there to make friends. Staging point was intended for invasion. The only thing I have turned off are time and space victories. I burned both cities to the ground and put up a new one that could use all four sea resources. Used a great artist to expand the border then set off to hold back the americans as I ferried units over.
        Last edited by Silver14; December 16, 2005, 19:10.

Comment

My first ever game on "Terra" produced a starting location where the French started 2 squares away from my capital. When I built my capital on turn one, French got stuck between the ocean and my borders with no way of either move or build a city! Only after the second cultural expansion were the French strating settler + units "forcemoved" to outside my borders. I even have a screenshot of this but someone would have to teach me how to upload the pic first.
          GOWIEHOWIE! Uh...does that
          even mean anything?

Comment

On that screen shot If I was the American's I would never open the borders with the Mongolians but instead fill out all city spots and pretty much take the Mongolians at my leisure.

Now if I were the Mongolians, I'd forget about everything except building up the military to take Washington.
            1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
            Templar Science Minister
            AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

I so would have played Fluke's game. that woulda been interesting, as long as i got to plop first that is.
              --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?...So with that said: if you can not read my post because of spelling, then who is really the stupid one?...

Comment

Working...
              X