Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interface/Micro gripes and suggested solutions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blake
    In short, wherever there is a oppurtunity to make a significant decision, I want to make that decision.

It's not good for the automation to be reckless in a strategy game.
    I couldn't agree more. Automation isn't useful if it's just going to sabotage my plans. There should be some better form of threat evaluation included into unit automation.

Comment

the point i was making is that having a parameter where you could set the level of automated agression... using your galleon example, the settings would be
      1) unload/attack automatically
      2) stop move next to but don't attack
      3) stop move at border/when visible
      4) avoid all contact
      5) retreat when visible

i'm sure most of us would opt for something in the middle. . . stop move at border. it could also use a check box for agression decision dialogs (like your stack attack example) "remember this decision for the rest of this game"

Comment

You're still not seeing the distinction between aggression and recklessness, oh well.

Comment

Aggression is arguing on the Apolyton Forums.
          Recklessness is arguing with Blake.

Comment

Originally posted by Blake
            You're still not seeing the distinction between aggression and recklessness, oh well.
            Wth? did you read the post?

In my little scale there, "reckless" is simply over agressive. in reality, nobody that wnats to REALLY play the game for real would really do that unless they just wanted a quick game of "here's how i die." nonetheless i present it as an option amongst several much more valid settings.

Comment

I've thought about a little trick that could make life a lot easier for all the overexpanding people out there...

When hovering the mouse cursor over a tile, the game should show information of "how much would it cost me to settle a city here" . That way you can easily calculate wether you're going to go bankrupt soon after settling, or just going to be fine and cool

Comment

Originally posted by [to_xp]Gekko
                I've thought about a little trick that could make life a lot easier for all the overexpanding people out there...

When hovering the mouse cursor over a tile, the game should show information of "how much would it cost me to settle a city here" . That way you can easily calculate wether you're going to go bankrupt soon after settling, or just going to be fine and cool
                not bad. resource friendly, very easy math, and could save you a lot of bs over the haul. save you from laying a city and seeing what it looks like in terms of maint, trade net, radius resources, etc so you don't have to quit and reload if you don't like the placement.

Comment

it's easy to implement and it gets the job done. what more could you ask for?

Comment

Working...
                  X