Pinging for land, something to do if others take too long

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinging for land, something to do if others take too long

I noticed that the ping tool (the thing that indicates something on the map) behaves differently on a land and on a water tile.

The ping tool is aligned to a grid and appears in the centre of a square however on water it appears slightly lower on the square. You can ping unexplored areas and measure the relative height to determine if a square contains land or water.

and yeah some people ALWAYS let the timer run out in multiplayer, i hate that and it's the reason i was bored enough to discover this trick

Oooooh nifty.

I suppose it'll get fixed. Until then I'll be sure to (ab)use it when other players subject me to boredom.

Comment

Heh, now THAT's precision boredom.
      Friedrich Psitalon
      Admin, Civ4Players Ladder
      Consultant, Firaxis Games

Comment

did you explore that terrain? maybe the ping also behaves different on unexplored tiles?
        War and courage have done more great things than charity. Not your sympathy, but your bravery hath hitherto saved the victims.

Comment

Nice.

Comment

I'm sorry... why do you have so much time on your hand that you'd even think up such a thing?
            If pigs could fly we'd all have to wear helmets.
            Please don't be envious of my little girlie brain.

Comment

wow you have the eyes of a hawk my friend

Comment

you could outline the whole map on turn one, killing others with boredom.

Comment

Working...
                X