Moral dilema

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Capt Dizle
    I pity poor folk that think that they are somehow better because of proper grammar and social grace.
    Mr. T Also pities tha' foo' what don't be down in tha' hood, so it happens at both ends of the spectrum.

Comment

Indeed...
      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by Cordelayne
        It's the same thing, more or less, for "indexes" and "indices." If you'll actually read several dictionaries, you'll see that "indexes" has always been the preferred plural in English, but "indices" is included as a secondary form because it is such a common mistake.
        Obviously Mr. Bigshot Legal Editor never legally edited anything involving math - "indices" is the correct term to use when referring to the plural of any type of mathematical superscript (usually exponents).

But we should move this OT discussion off the main fora and into the appendixes...
        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

Of course "indices" is a proper form in mathematics. I said it was proper at times. It's just not proper as a substitute for "indexes."

Incidentally, LordShiva, no need to get so indignant. My posts in this thread are very tongue-in-cheek, joking in response to the silly "dilemmae" post.

And of course I never "legally edited anything involving math." I doubt anybody in the history of the world has done that. He he. But I've sure read a lot of math books.

As to your last sentence, "fora" is incorrect, but "appendixes" is accurate. So you get 50 percent. He he.

Comment

"Fora" is at least correct Latin, which is more than can be said for **dilemmae.

(The Latin plural is dilemmata.)
            Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
            The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Incidentally, LordShiva, no need to get so indignant. My posts in this thread are very tongue-in-cheek, joking in response to the silly "dilemmae" post.
                Mine too

Comment

Sometimes my posts have no point other than the posts themselves
                  Oooo ... zen. =)

Comment

Build spies and sabatage (sp?) their production instead. More civilized
                    http://www.cojadate.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
                      My question would be this:

Why oh why did you build a "****load" of nukes if you didn't intend to use them? That's a lot of hammers invested in something you won't use...

Nuke the bastards!

-Arrian
                      Good question, ask it to Mr Bush

Actually I did win the game without nukes. I used spies to sabotage the AI's space ship production. It's a leson I've never forgot. Spies rock if you know how and when to use them.

Comment

Convert to Judaism. Then ponder German history.
                        That might make it harder...except for three decades in the first half of this century, Germany was one of the most Jew-friendly countries in Europe. That's why they had so many to kill when Hitler was in power.

Comment

KILL THEM.

Roy

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist
                            "Fora" is at least correct Latin, which is more than can be said for **dilemmae.
                            (The Latin plural is dilemmata.) hahaha, n00b... that's a GREEK plural...
                            Populus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

Comment

But off topic.
                              Attached Files

Comment

@Mujadaddy: Are you familiar with the concept of loanwords?
                                Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                                The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Working...
                                X