Clear All

1. Try to get him to give you Diplomatic victory

If he doesnt then he is not true friend

2. Spy his cities
    3. nuke and raze his city that contains the Apollo program

That will teach him a lesson he wont forget
    Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

We all know what happens on the way to Alpha Centauri...

Just pretend that Miriam is from your country... she'll take care of those Germans and their fancy-pants spaceship...

Comment

Originally posted by Mujadaddy
        There are no moral dilemmae in Civilization.
        You just wanted to say 'dilemmae' on these fora, didn't you?

Comment

Dilemmae, of course, is incorrect English. The proper form is "dilemmas." Similarly, people often pompously say "indices" when the proper form is "indexes." Or "fora" when the proper form is "forums." Or pronounce the word "forte" as "for-tay." A little knowledge is dangerous.

Actually, Civ4's zoomed-in, animated views encourage a role-playing perspective, and I find it easy to play the game imagining all kinds of moral dilemmas. That's one of many reasons why the game is so fascinating.

Comment

Thank you for using these fora to point out the dilemae of the situation. I'll be sure to update the indeces of my brain with this knowledge, as this is not my for-tay.

Comment

Originally posted by Cordelayne
              ...Or pronounce the word "forte" as "for-tay." A little knowledge is dangerous.
              The word is forté isn't it? It's the French word for strength, so no. Not proper English regardless of how you pronounce it.

\How else would you pronounce it?

Comment

once you nuke

there is never going back
                anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Similarly, people often pompously say "indices" when the proper form is "indexes."
                  Wrong - indices is a word, and is the "proper form" in some cases.
                  THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                  AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                  AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                  DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

/me offers popcorn

Comment

For five years I worked as a legal editor and used to really check words carefully. I identified just a few of the most common and--to my mind, annoying--mistakes in current English. The word "forte" is French for strong. It rhymes with "fort" or "torte" for that matter. It has no accent. The dictionaries now list for-tay as a secondary pronunciation because it is such a common mistake in English. For example, every single TV sportscaster gets this wrong every time.

It's the same thing, more or less, for "indexes" and "indices." If you'll actually read several dictionaries, you'll see that "indexes" has always been the preferred plural in English, but "indices" is included as a secondary form because it is such a common mistake. (It's the same for "fora".)

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing. I've always thought it was fine if a person makes an honest mistake, but it always annoys me when the person makes a mistake while trying to be fancy.

Whenever I hear a person make one of these mistakes, I know immediately that I'm dealing with a rather puffed up middle-weight intellect. Which can be fun. Viz. Enigma_Nova, he he.

Comment

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing. I've always thought it was fine if a person makes an honest mistake, but it always annoys me when the person makes a mistake while trying to be fancy.

Whenever I hear a person make one of these mistakes, I know immediately that I'm dealing with a rather puffed up middle-weight intellect. Which can be fun. Viz. Enigma_Nova, he he.
                        Well, you seem a little puffed up to me. And it annoys me. Intellect has little to do with education and with you I think that I am dealing with a light-weight educated snob.

I pity poor folk that think that they are somehow better because of proper grammar and social grace.

Comment

Convert to Judaism. Then ponder German history.
                          So wrong... So wrong
                          Killing is fun in pixels, isn't it?

Comment

My question would be this:

Why oh why did you build a "****load" of nukes if you didn't intend to use them? That's a lot of hammers invested in something you won't use...

Nuke the bastards!

-Arrian
                            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it!

Comment

I never have any moral qualms about this game. Killing for fun.

The only game that kind of made me feel bad about doing evil things is Knights of the Old Republic. I kind of felt bad being a dark sider.

Comment

Working...
                                X