Destroy rivals spaceship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Destroy rivals spaceship

Is there any way to destroy a rivals spaceship prior to launch.

I have tried destroying their capital city but this doesn't do it for Civ4.

send spies to delay its production

Comment

And save loads of cash so your spies can start a sabotage.
      He who knows others is wise.
      He who knows himself is enlightened.
      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

One of the most effective ways to slow the AI down is to get one of their neighbors to go to war with them. You can also go to war with them yourself, but be sure to put some pressure on them.

-Drachasor
        "If there's a child on the south side of Chicago who can't read, that matters to me, even if it's not my child. If there's a senior citizen somewhere who can't pay for her prescription and has to choose between medicine and the rent, that makes my life poorer, even if it's not my grandmother. If there's an Arab American family being rounded up without benefit of an attorney or due process, that threatens my civil liberties. It's that fundamental belief -- I am my brother's keeper, I am my sister's keeper -- that makes this country work." - Barack Obama

Comment

Nope. The enemy civs must keep their spaceship in another dimension or underground in a top-secret location because you can't destroy their ship unless you destroy all of their cities!

Comment

I find this odd. A spaceship would be a very large, rather immobile vehicle. If not your capital, you would need designate a location to construct the spaceship.

This would present the target -- for both military strikes and covert actions.
            Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Any spaceship that large would probably have individual components built on the Earth but then be assembled in space itself, much like the international space station. So you would need to shoot it out of orbit if you wanted to destroy it. It's the only way that it makes sense.

Comment

hmmm.... I hadn't thought about that. And the Space Elevator speeds construction so that goes towards building it in space. Agreed.
                Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Can't you take the city with the Apollo Program wonder to stop the production of their space ship? I'm not sure if it works, I've never tried it
                  This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Not sure if space ship production already in progress would be halted by that.
                    He who knows others is wise.
                    He who knows himself is enlightened.
                    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Depends on whether Apollo Program is a pre-requisite, or just a trigger.

I'd love to build a giant "laser", to shoot down their rockets.
                      I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Like the spaceship parts, the Apollo program is a "project", i.e. it isn't located anywhere (not even the city that built it). Therefore, you can't capture it.

Comment

A spaceship needs a command center on earth though. You can't just launch a spaceship without careful planning and control from earth.

I'm pretty sure the moon landings would have been a failure if the Russians had nuked Houston.

Something like that would make sense for this game.

Comment

Originally posted by Mergle
                            Like the spaceship parts, the Apollo program is a "project", i.e. it isn't located anywhere (not even the city that built it). Therefore, you can't capture it.

I agree with Diadem, it should stay as a building in the city that built it, so capturing it will stop all production until it's rebuilt
                            This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Any spaceship that large would probably have individual components built on the Earth but then be assembled in space itself, much like the international space station. So you would need to shoot it out of orbit if you wanted to destroy it. It's the only way that it makes sense.
                              Bah! Just build the Space Elevator wonder and have your troops push the "Top Floor" button to get to the enemy spaceship for take over.

Comment

Working...
                              X