1.09 poll - more or less problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

never crashed before

At load up screen I get a message saying some file did not load-message moves quick

AND....now I crash, into 5-7 hours of play
    anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

my games never go that long, so I can't test that.

Comment

Voted less problems.

Prior to v1.09 patch, I experienced a routine of crash to desktop (CTD) which was quite annoying. This seems to have gone away.

However, I cannot open my PBEM games that were started in v1.00 - which is a bit frustrating. This is forcing a restart for our PBEM games.
        Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Worse that before.

The game freezes my computer solid more frequently than before the patch.

Removing the game entirely messed up Windows somehow, so all the sounds now play like 2x-3x faster. Even though Nimoy sounding like Donald Duck's nephew is still entertaining
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I do not use any movies in the game as it is a once is enough deal for me. However I still had many of the problems with CTD and false painting of the screen after 1.09, until I replaced my video card.

I now have a X700 PRO 256mb with latest drivers and played a domination win on Prince with no issues. So I went quite deep into the game, all techs and most of the land. It got a full work out.

Comment

A couple more problems:

Game freezes occasionally. That’s new.

Intro movie is far choppier than before, completely unwatchable.
              "Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is ... more cow bell!"

Comment

Working...
              X