No announcement yet.

1.09 poll - more or less problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm kind of upset it reset all my options. For instance my sound went back to mono. I had to set it back to 5.1 discrete.

Comment

Originally posted by Adagio

If you set this poll up for people who haven't updated yet (like me), then why did you not include a "I have yet to update" option

Also a poll is not a real poll without the banana option
      I didn't see the point of that option, seeing as there's a 'see results' option below the poll anyway. It was just that with these things, you generally only hear from people who have had problems, and it was putting people off patching. Looking at the currrent results, a majority of people aren't having difficulties with the patch and would probably benefit from the upgrade.

Comment

Less problems than before.

Fog of war black terraign : fixed

Chesire cat leaders : fixed

skiping sound in intro / movies : still there
        1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
        Templar Science Minister
        AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

I ran ok previously anyways. The only problems I had were with in-game movies and the endgame on huge maps. With the patch, both problems seem a bit better, though they're not solved. However, the game seems a bit less stable now, too...there have been a couple of system freezes since I installed the patch, which I didn't have before at all.
          "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Haven't noticed any differences. But I haven't played far enough to see if riflemen are still a type of Helicopter.
            "The asteroid to kill this dinosaur is still in orbit."
            -- Lex User Manual

Comment

Originally posted by Xerxes712
              Sure. When you start the game to the splash menu. select Advanced options on the screen.

1). There is one spot to click on that says 'about this build'. It will tell you what your game version is.

2).Plus without starting the game, right click on the EXE to see properties, loomk at version. It wil say 1.09.1722 at the top.

So, try it out, and tell me if you hear the pillage sound??
              no pillage sound for me (but I haven't tried to replace the copied file yet). All I hear is a thump when I pillage.

Comment

Anyways, I have had a few more problems than before.

I never had a problem with skipping during wonder movies, now I do. It's really annoying as I still like to watch these.

For some reason city production popup windows (after you finish building something) happen at the end of the turn. Same with research popups. I don't like this. You run into a few anomolies when you manually select research or production for a city. At the end of the turn (after unit cycling) the popup will still come up, but only briefly.

Comment

Did you place the old pillage sound in the CustomAssests folder? And leave the files alone in Sound?

At any rate, for a fix for the "Stutterrring Wonder" that occurred to me after post patch, try the fix posted over on the Help forum I posted.

Comment

Well, it appears I'm in the vast minority. I had no problems with v1.0, but v1.09 crashes during map creation. Mr. Spock stutters unintelligably during his Genesis speech, my mouse cursor disappears, and my keyboard becomes unresponsive. I hear about .5 seconds of sound every 10, and I can't click on "Play Game".

Dell Dimension 8400 3.4 HT, 1gig Ram, 180gig free on HD, nVidia 6600 256MB, SBLive 24bit, all with latest drivers.

Edit: Fixed now. Changed sound option from "Use System Settings" to "5.1 Discreet". No problems since.
                    Last edited by SSGTroyer; November 25, 2005, 23:09.

Comment

Originally posted by Xerxes712
                      Be sure that AA option is set back to zero in the game menu graphics option.

Only set the AA via external video card setting.

The in game AA routine is not compatible with the BINK player.

Thanks for the suggestion; just tried it (cleared out my cache and everything) but it hasn't fixed it. Curses!

The good news is that now I've set all graphjics settings to "medium" my other pesky errors have gone and it does seem faster in the endgame than it did when I was running "low" settings before!

XP2600+ 1GB RAM FX5500 128MB

Comment

The 'memory leak' (or whatever) seems to be worse now than pre-patch.
                        We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                        If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                        Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

I fixed the pillage sound easily enough by putting it in the custom assetts folder.

In one instance, though I had a bug where my destroyer was attacking a frigate, and for some reason the camera jumped halfway around the world, and I couldn't see the attack take place. That and the wonder movies stuttering are the main problems I have now (that I didn't have before). Messing with AA settings didn't change anything for me.

Comment

I got plus's and minus's and neutral's.
                            PLUS Black terrain gone
                            Tiles show bread/shield/coin
                            MINUS Now the movies skip also(used to be just the sound)
                            Some of the brief religion movies (when you discover a religion) have missing items (Christianity is normal, but Judiasm and Hinduism show only the shadow of the holy object)
                            NEUTRAL The game still has the checkerboard terrain pattern after loading while the computer is thinking each turn, but at least now sometimes the game will continue and not lockup

Overall, positive, as I can play the game.
                            .......shhhhhh......I'm lurking.......proud to have been stuck at settler for six years.......

Comment

I'd like to change my answer to 'more problems'

any loaded save games after the initial load take at least 5 minutes. On a 3Ghz with 1GB of RAM thats insane. Pre-patch my load times for ~300Kb saves was maybe 20 seconds. Its gotten so bad that if I'm jumping around in my saves I make sure something short-term (like stand-up comedy) is on TV to watch snippets of.

I'll take the once-per-night CTD's over this problem anyday.
                              ~I like eggs.~

Comment

I also now am changing my vote to More problems after patch.

Prior to patch the only problems I had were in Huge maps late game CTDs. With patch 1.09, CTDs are quite freguent even on standard maps throughout game.

I've uninstalled patch and now am back to 1.00 which is leaps and bounds better. I will wait until they come out with a -real- patch that is thoroughly tested before I go that route again.

Anyone still on the fence on whether or not to install the patch imho if you aren't having gamestopping probs without the patch then don't install it.

I'm one of the lucky ones that do not have any graphic-sound or speed issues (knock on wood).

-Ken

Comment

Working...
                                X