No announcement yet.

Civ4 DEMO DOWNLOAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I needed to upgrade my graphics card to play civIV too (haven't played anything new for years).
    "You are one of the cheerleaders for this wasting of time and the wasting of lives. Do you feel any remorse for having contributed to this "culture of death?" Of course not. Hey, let's all play MORE games, and ignore all the really productive things to do with our lives.
    Let's pretend to be shocked that a gamer might descend into deeper depression, as his gamer "buds," knowing he was killing himself, couldn't figure out how to call 911 themselves for him. That would have involved leaving their computers I guess."

- Jack Thompson

Comment

Re: Demo Issue

Originally posted by Changmai Beagle
      I'm hoping they issue an updated demo. I'll try the workaround for it so I can get an idea what Civ 4 plays like, but I won't buy the game if I can't see that it will work. Unfortunately I can't see myself explaining to a certain spousal unit the need to buy a new graphics driver 'just to play some dumb computer game'. Sigh.
      If you have a video CARD in your machine that uses an AGP slot, then it's not that expensive to upgrade. If your wife can't handle letting you spend $150 for the first time in four years to upgrade your computer to a Radeon 9800 from a 7500, then it's time to sit her down and explain that that's less than $5/month for the new video card, and it's not as if you spend tons of money on your computer.

If you think this is a bad one, my wife almost killed me when I spent $400 on a DVD recorder with built in hard drive because I hated how bad the old VCR was when it came to recording anything. Of course, she's hooked on it now, but at the time she was a bit....upset.

Comment

Working...
      X