No announcement yet.

Reference-list for (undocumented) interface features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've added the 'flying camera' option in the 'interface' section.
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Three questions:

1) How does one tell where a wonder is built? In Alpha Centauri, one would click on the wonder and a red dot would show where the wonder was.

2) Is there a way to see a garrison list for cities?

3) How does one save and load a queue list?
      http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• bump
        http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• Why are you bumping a thread that has been stickied?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ned
            Three questions:

1) How does one tell where a wonder is built? In Alpha Centauri, one would click on the wonder and a red dot would show where the wonder was.
            Go to your Info page and look in the section called Top 5 Cities/Wonders.

3) How does one save and load a queue list?
            Press CTRL and a number key while in city view to save. Press the number key to load.

Comment

• Willem, thanks.

The Queue bit will be quite usefull. But, obviously, the game is quite lacking if one cannot locate a specific wonder, world or national, better than the top five city list. Ditto the garrison list of cities, the reason being that one is often looking for specific units or unit types to move, or to check garrisons for other reasons.

Comment

• Isn't the garrison list simplay along the bottom of the city view in the city screen? There's a long line of units that are currently in this city, is that what you mean?

Tom P.

Comment

• What I was looking for is a list of cities and their garrisons.

Comment

• I think the previous versions of Civ had a list of cities and their garrisons. The city name was listed and next to it was all the units within the city.
                    IIRC, it was the military adviser that you went to in order to see this.
                    I don't know if IV has this feature.
                    A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man which he proposes to pay off with your money.

Comment

• Nope. All you get out of this Military Advisor is a bunch of troops strewn about. You an't select them you don't know if they are garrisoned in a city or just standing there, no help at all.

Tom P.

Comment

• wow ...usefull stuff man
                        Originality is the art of hiding your source of inspiration.

Comment

• Reset switch on computer - The most desirable button to press when playing this game

Comment

• Originally posted by Jihad_Jay
                            Reset switch on computer - The most desirable button to press when playing this game
                            Yeah. Right. I understand you are suffering.

Back on topic...

When you cllick on your flag, you open the capitol city view. After patch 1.61, I suppose.

I think it's a new one...
                            RIAA sucks
                            The Optimistas
                            I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

• Originally posted by Aro

Yeah. Right. I understand you are suffering.

Back on topic...

When you cllick on your flag, you open the capitol city view. After patch 1.61, I suppose.

I think it's a new one...
                              Nope. Heck, that's in the tutorial.

Tom P.

Comment

• Sorry.

I never played the tutorial... I think I should.
                                RIAA sucks
                                The Optimistas
                                I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Working...
                                X