Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re: Reference-list for (undocumented) interface features

Originally posted by Aileron
    Have you noticed that double-clicking the city's tile in the city screen will exit the city screen and set the worked tiles to automatic (or whatever it's called)? I noticed after changing the worked tiles manually and then double-clicking the city to exit. When I went back into the city screen, the worked tiles were back on automatic!

Pressing Enter to exit the city screen does not do this. I didn't know about clicking outside the fat cross until reading this.
    Clicking the city tile has always set the worked tiles to the computers "best guess". It has done this since Cvi II at least.

It doesn't set them on Auto govern, that's a different button on the city screen.

Tom P.

Comment

Don't forget you can hold SHIFT and give units multiple right click or improvement build orders (in the case of workers). They will execute orders each in turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarxis
        Don't forget you can hold SHIFT and give units multiple right click or improvement build orders (in the case of workers). They will execute orders each in turn.
        I knew in the city screen you could do shift-click to add stuff to the bottom of the queue.

How about Ctrl-Clicking to add stuff to the top of the queue. That's real helpful when some yahoo declares war. Just run in, ctrl-click a few troops to the top and when the war is over you are back on schedule.

Tom P.

Comment

Thanks for topping it.
          I'll be away for the weekend but return sunday evening and update the list.
          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Ctrl-Click on build item: add on top of build queue
            Shift-Click on build item: add on end of build queue
            Alt-Click on build item: continuous build this item

Comment

I'm just bought the game so I'm sorry for the dumb question but what is the fastest way to scroll through all of your units on the map?
              "'Let there be light!' said God, and there was light.
              'Let there be blood!' says man, and there's a sea!"

Comment

The "\" key will take you back to the previous unit you had selected. This is useful if you give a worker an order but change your mind immediately afterward. Typically you've already autopoped to your next worker waiting on an order. Just hit the "\" key to go back.

The Scores Display is real useful. Hit the check box button over the mini-map to toggle it on.

Highlight your score at the top to see a breakout of how your score is calculated.

Highlight the other civs to see a breakout of how they feel about you.

Control click on another civ to bring up the trade window with them.

Alt click on another civ in the list to immediately declare war on them. Note there is no confirmation dialog when doing this.

Comment

I've seen several posts complaining how you couldn't get to diplomacy from the diplo advisor, so:

- right-click on a leader's face in diplomacy advisor to talk to them

Comment

Originally posted by Tventano
                    Alt-Click on build item: continuous build this item
                    Also:

Shift-Alt-Click on build item will build it continuously at the end of your queue. Ctrl-Alt-Click will build it continuously at the beginning.

Also, anything that's continuously building will "skip" a round if you have a queue below it, build the next item, and then build another of the continuous build. Works also for continously building two types of units back and forth.

If only you could access THESE options from the "What would you like to build now?" pop-up...

Comment

- You can build railroads in tiles without roads. There is no need to build a road first.

- Building Railroads in tiles with lumbermills, mines, windmills, etc. will increase the production of those tiles slightly. (Usually +1 shield) Nothing compared to Civ3 of course, but one should just take note of that. This only comes into account for production-increasing improvements, from what I have seen - NOT farms, for example.
                      "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
                      "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
                      Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

The flag denoting the nationality of a unit has a collection of little dots on top - one per unit occupying the space. These follow the normal colour scheme - green for unmoved, white for fortified etc. Only really of use when zoomed all the way in.

Comment

There should be a note that quick load is no quicker then a regular load...
                          Signatures are for people with free time

Comment

Quick load is never faster, as far as I've seen. It's only quicker in that it doesn't go through a menu.

Comment

You can rotate and zoom on the 3d icon when the unit is selected in the lower left using the left mouse button. You can also center on that unit by clicking on it.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Reference-list for (undocumented) interface features

Originally posted by padillah

Clicking the city tile has always set the worked tiles to the computers "best guess". It has done this since Cvi II at least.

It doesn't set them on Auto govern, that's a different button on the city screen.

Tom P.
                                Are you sure clicking the city tile doesn't also set auto govern to on? I turned auto govern off, double clicked the city tile, and when I re-entered the city screen auto govern was on.

Comment

Working...
                                X