No announcement yet.

Reference-list for (undocumented) interface features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm new to this forum, but not to Civ. Some comments on earlier posts in this thread :-
    1. Adding to build list: I find that Shift + click on an item adds it to the foot of the build queue, whereas just clicking on an item either (a) replaces the existing item if production has not started, or (b) puts the new item at the top of the queue if production of the original item has begun. Ctrl + click works exactly the same as a simple click.
    2. Rails give +1 hammer to mines and lumbermills, not to wind- or watermills.
    3. The Wonders display shows who built them, but not in which city. This does not help when you have captured a major city and ponder over "keep" or "destroy".

Comment

• I looked and didn't see this under the units/combat section, but didn't read the entire thread to see if it has already been mentioned.
      control + select unit will select all units of that type in a stack.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushface
        I'm new to this forum, but not to Civ. Some comments on earlier posts in this thread :-
        1. Adding to build list: I find that Shift + click on an item adds it to the foot of the build queue, whereas just clicking on an item either (a) replaces the existing item if production has not started, or (b) puts the new item at the top of the queue if production of the original item has begun. Ctrl + click works exactly the same as a simple click.
        Not quite. Ctrl-Click puts the new item at the top of the queue.
        Shift-Click puts the new item at the bottom of the queue.

3. The Wonders display shows who built them, but not in which city. This does not help when you have captured a major city and ponder over "keep" or "destroy".
        This is why you get spys. Otherwise spys are as worthless as most would have you believe.

Tom P.

Comment

• Originally posted by anhalibut
          I looked and didn't see this under the units/combat section, but didn't read the entire thread to see if it has already been mentioned.
          control + select unit will select all units of that type in a stack.
          You didn't find this because this is a list of undocumented features and ctrl-clicking is... well... documented.

Not very well, but it IS documented.

Tom P.

Comment

• Originally posted by padillah
            quote:
            This is why you get spys. Otherwise spys are as worthless as most would have you believe.
            Here are the steps to determine if there are wonders in the city you are about to take:
            1. Be familiar with how the wonders appear. You can do this by viewing the rotating graphic of each of the major wonders in the F9. Pressing the mouse button over this graphic allows you to manipulate the view angle. It also helps to be able to easily recognize the images of ALL the other buildings, from barracks to Hermitage, etc.. Practice it so you can differentiate between buildings built and the general look of the city of that age.

2. While you have the city under observation by your troops (or aircraft), ZOOM IN and toggle "bare map" (Ctrl-B). This removes the image of obstructing troops & city labels. (Don't forget to toggle again when you are done, of course). If you zoom in all the way, "bare map" may not be necessary.

3. Examine the city to see what buildings are there. This may also assist in letting you know if there MIGHT be a courthouse or forge in the city after you take it.

Note: I have highest graphics options on, so I do not know if this applies if your settings aren't similar.

--
            I think spies are fine as they are. Particularly good for getting a feel of where the other civs are techwise & financially with city inspections. Also for knowing how the space race is going. Also good for trying to sabotage production or critical resource.

I wouldn't mind their being available 1/3 game eariler, though.

Comment

• Alt-o is some kind of graphics option that takes away the three dimensional perspective of the map.

Comment

• I thought the spies were great until i realised it cost so much money to sabotage or steal, id rather use the money to upgrade a unit. I now only use spies to tell me what units are stationed where and I use the military to pillage as its free this way.

Comment

• Did you know, that you can "chop" spaceship parts? Somewhat silly, making rockets out of wood... But hey, I won my last game that way by three turns...
                  I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

• Did you know, that you can select bunch of nukes, hold shift, and assign target with the nuke button? If you have 12 nukes, you can set 12 different targets, or 2 targets, each getting 6 nukes. Release the shift, and let the bombing begin... Not simultaneously, unfortunately... I wonder if the same works for bombers?
                    I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

• Originally posted by Tattila the Hun
                      Did you know, that you can select bunch of nukes, hold shift, and assign target with the nuke button? If you have 12 nukes, you can set 12 different targets, or 2 targets, each getting 6 nukes. Release the shift, and let the bombing begin... Not simultaneously, unfortunately... I wonder if the same works for bombers?
                      I wonder if this works for all units.......
                      it most probably does!
                      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Working...
                      X