Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone find computer is ignoring your Zone of Control?...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone find computer is ignoring your Zone of Control?...

I have not signed any open borders with other civs, yet on a game on the lowest and second lowest levels I have had numerous instances of troops and ships from other civs happily walking through my territory in the masses while if I go TRY to go into their territory the only way I can do it is if I declare war. What gives?

there are no zones of control in this game. that is why, they just can't enter your borders unless you have an open border agreement.

Comment

But some units like caravels can cross borders without an open borders agreement.

Comment

I started a long thread on this just a few days ago. Yes, the AIs frequently send units across your borders, even if you do NOT have an open borders agreemen (and even if it is NOT a special unit that ignores rival borders such as caravels). I've seen that many times.

I even posted a game save that illustrated this.

And still, there were fanboy fanatics who claimed this is impossible because, after all, it's not supposed to happen according to the manual.

It doesn't happen in all games. In my current game, I'm up to 1740 (small map, 4 civs) and I haven't noticed it happening at all. Nobody knows why it happens on some maps and not on others. It's a bug.

Comment

I've not seen it. Not saying that you are wrong, just... I haven't seen it.

Comment

I'd like to see this save.

I haven't seen it, but I admit, I don't pay that close attention (though I probably should). I let everybody through my lands. I don't care.

Comment

Perhaps these guys are refering to barbarians.
              Formerly known as "CyberShy"
              Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

I found this in civilopedia: caravels can cross borders (and I think it's valid for a few other units as well). It's a feature. But I didn't see a diplomacy option to tell them to go away.
                The monkeys are listening.

Comment

It is troops, specifically ships, if you play in the world which is full of water (powerful navies needed) you will see it a lot.

Comment

I've not seen it either, except with caravels (which I didn't know had an exception...)
                    "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

I have seen it (and made a screenshot) in my current game.
                      Caesar enters my cultural bordders with a galleon (and galleons AFAIR aren´t allowed to enter cos they can carry troops) which is filled with a settler and 2 Longbowmen.
                      At this point in the game we hadn´t an open borders agreement since at least a millenium (we had one for a short time, but Caesar canceled it)
                      and Caesar wouldn´t sign another one til several turns later (he did so after cruising with his galleon within my waters for several turns)
                      Attached Files
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Has anyone checked to see if this is an issue of your cultural borders expanding outward and catching a unit inside? It might be possible that units are only blocked from ENTERING your territory, but once they're inside they can move about freely.
                        www.triskelegames.com

Comment

when I have a ship in water which all of a sudden becomes someones territory (cause they started a new city in one case) my ship is instantly kicked to the nearest non space so the same should happen for the AI I would hope

Comment

In the game I was talking about, the Germans kept sending galleons loaded with troops far into the middle of my territory, right next to my biggest and oldest cities, although there was no Open Borders agreement. It's not a matter of borders expanding outward. I think it's a bug in the diplomacy module--I think sometimes the game erroneously thinks a civilization has been granted an Open Borders agreement.

By now I've nuked the save I posted on this (civ generates so many saves, I always clean out the save directory when starting a new game). But I posted it here on this forum a few days ago in a thread called something like Open Borders Gripes.

Comment

Working...
                            X