Civ4 = Flash Civ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marvinkosh
    I have to agree that the AI isn't ambitious enough to try and wipe out all its rivals. And they're rather quick to make peace when they could simply (as us humans do) reject a ceasefire and fight on until their opponents' cities are burnt-out cinders.
    Of course, when you're on the losing side, getting your butt kicked by a surprise invasion, a cease fire after 20 turns feels like a new lease on life.

I noticed in custom game options there's a button for aggressive AI, as well and raging barbarians, and disabling tech trading. All of those seem like they'd be fun to try out.

In the present game, I've done my standard Civ III setting, which is to disable Space and Diplomatic victory. Cultural victory deserves to stay though, since it's more like a domination victory, but from a cultural perspective. And Time victory should stay. But Space can be lost by a single turn, and diplomatic involves being too friendly, so I think its a better overall game experience to disable them, if you're a more of a warmonger.

Comment

Can the amount of years per turn and ending date of the game be modified? If not, is there any real point in trying to create an epic game, as you are still limited by total number of turns to play? Sure, you can make the techs longer to research and units build faster, but all you will succeed in doing is fighting your wars with spearmen in 1986.

Comment

Working...
      X