Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The human get's advantages on noble difficulty too!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The human get's advantages on noble difficulty too!

AIHumanExplanation
    Civic Upkeep Percent10080Human pays 80% of the amount the AI has to pay for civics
    Unit Cost Percent10050I was wrong about this effect: effect unknown
    Unit Supply Percent35100AI pays 35% of the unit maintenance cost humans have to pay for X units
    Unit Upgrade Percent30100The Ai pays 30% of the unit upgrade cost humans ahve to pay
    Inflation Percent7090If the total inflation is 10 shall the AI pay 7 gold/turn and the human 9 gold/turn
    War Weariness Percent70100The AI has 70% of the war unhappiness humans have
    Animal Bonus-70-40An animal with 2 strenght shall have 0.6 strenght vs the Ai and 1.2 strenght vs a human
    Barbarian Bonus-40-10A barbarian warrior with 2 strenght shall have 1.2 strenght vs the Ai and 1.8 strenght vs a human

Source: \Assets\XML\GameInfo\CIV4HandicapInfo.xml

The one with teh biggest advantage is in italic. Based on other enteries in this file assume I that unlistened entities mean they have the standard value of 100%.
    Last edited by kolpo; November 13, 2005, 13:44.

I disagree with your interpretation. I believe that the AI values are multiplied by the general ones. Taking Inflation as an example (since both 'categories' are affected), I believe that humans have to pay 90% of the 'standard' Inflation, where the AI has to pay 63% (70% x 90%).

I have a hard time believing that the AI is paying twice as much as I am to build units on Noble difficulty. Especially considering they always have more than I do.

Bh

Comment

Originally posted by Bhruic
      I disagree with your interpretation. I believe that the AI values are multiplied by the general ones. Taking Inflation as an example (since both 'categories' are affected), I believe that humans have to pay 90% of the 'standard' Inflation, where the AI has to pay 63% (70% x 90%).

Bh
      If we take unit build cost for example:
      20 *100 = 20%
      While on noble difficulty this would be 50%. I'm quite 100% sure that the AI get's more handicaps at lower difficulty levels, not the opposide, so I don't think the values are multiplied.
      Last edited by kolpo; November 13, 2005, 12:37.

Comment

Dunno, you may be right. The Unit Cost scale only hits 100% on Deity level. And it only hits parity (or as close as it gets) at Emperor. I still find it impossible to believe that the AI has higher unit costs than I do. It builds a lot more units than me, and I've never seen any indication that it costs it any more to do so.

Bh

Comment

The OP, though his data appears right- is wrong:

I've dropped spies everywhere in a NOBLE game- the AI is paying SAME points for warriors as the human is. But in fact gets its FIRST unit at 1/3rd the cost and time!

Comment

Originally posted by dearmad
            The OP, though his data appears right- is wrong:

I've dropped spies everywhere in a NOBLE game- the AI is paying SAME points for warriors as the human is. But in fact gets its FIRST unit at 1/3rd the cost and time!

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=143215
            Yes you are right thus IUnitCostPercent must either mean something else or the AI must works from a different base. Thought when I monitored a team city in the first turn of the game noticed I something odd: it had 4 production/turn while the maxium production it could ever have would be 3 turn.

I shall update my original post to reflect this, I hope we can figure out what IUnitCostPercent exactly does.

Comment

It's sorta complex. The AI gets +10 prod in its first city toward the first military unit it builds too- this isn't in any XML file I can find....

Changing the player percent cost doesn't seem to affect the player's cost either as far as building units... so is this upkeep??

The whole upkeep model in the game is also rather opaque- I cna't figure it out entirely in a way that makes real sense.

Comment

Working...
              X