No announcement yet.

Civics make no sense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Civics are made for balance, not for the historical accuracy. You can have emancipation, but switch to slavery and sacrifice population to build something quickly, if you don't have money or cannot switch to universal suffrage.

Comment

So far I've been enjoying the civic system although I haven't really been able to try them all out. Leaves me more to explore and test... Anyway, people are kind of quick to start bashing this game with the realism sledge hammer.

My only problem I've had so far was with universal suffrage. I was heading into a heated space race with Julius Caesar, and I had set up my civ to pump out loads of cash (spreading multiple religions that I founded and cashing in on their respective shrines etc). As I entered the space race I turn all the cities that I wasn't planning on using for construction of the various parts into wealth builders. I subsequently set my big production cities to building said parts, and then I go to rush their production with universal suffrage...

SORRY, you are only able to rush buildings and units... Seems a bit arbitrary.

I was rather disappointed, but then I guess there is some reason for it. Wasn't sure what to do with all my cash after that. I just wasted it on upgrading units that I knew I would never use...

Comment

Working...
      X