Ironworks does... nothing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ironworks does... nothing?

I've created this building in every game I've played, but suppose I never paid enough attention to notice that it's adding no production. Its description is +50% hammers with iron, + 50% hammers with coal. It doesn't say anything about needing the resources inside your city's fat cross, and in fact if I mouse over my production bar in the city where I have it built it says +100% hammers from resources regardless of whether I have neither, one of, or both of the resources in question inside my fat cross (so long as I have both in my strat resources box). However, looking at my base percentage and totalling everything up, the ironworks isn't actually adding any production at all.

Does anyone's ironworks work properly? Is there something about it I'm missing?

Wall street didn't seem to be adding to my city's gold either.

Chern

Comment

I am having the same problem.
      I even have BOTH iron and coal within the fat cross of the city radius, too.
      It says a 100% bonus is there, but if you calculate the actual hammers no bonus is really given.

Comment

Same here. 'Wall Street' on the other hand works as advertised.

Comment

I built today both the IronWorks and the Wall Street in two of my cities, and while the Wall Street works, the Ironwoks doesn't.

As you can see in the screenshot, my city's basic production is 24. I'm getting 50% bonus from buildings (forge+factory) and 100% from the Heroic Epic for military units.

I should have the following production in Madras:
          24 (base)+24*0.5(buildings)+24(Ironworks)+24(Heroic Epic)=84

Instead I have 60 (24+24*0.5+24)

The 100% Ironworks bonus is listed but not applied.

When building a city improvement instead I get: 50% bonus from buildings and 25% from having a state religion (24+24*0.5+24*0.25=42). The 100% IW bonus is again displayed but not applied.

"The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
          --George Bernard Shaw
          A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
          --Woody Allen

Comment

What about the 100% Bonus from resources which is listed in your screenshot?

It can´t come from mining reesources within your city radius (as they would contribute to the base production).
            Therefore it sounds to me like it these 100% increase could indeed be caused by supplying your iron works with iron and coal
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST
              What about the 100% Bonus from resources which is listed in your screenshot?
              That's the Ironworks. 50% from coal and 50% from iron.
              Listed, but not applied. Do the math.

24+12+24+24=84, not 60.
              "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
              --George Bernard Shaw
              A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
              --Woody Allen

Comment

Oh you´re correct, I forgot to add the base production to the sum, just took 2.5 times the base production

Have you made a test by building civilian units to determine wether it´s de facto the iron works and not the heroic epic which is buggy? (civilian units should only get 50% increase if iron works is buggy [as there shouldn´t be the 100% increase from the heroic epic])
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

I can see that you don't believe me even though I already described the situation in my original post.

An image is worth thousand words, so here it comes

--George Bernard Shaw
                  --Woody Allen

Comment

The city should have a production of:

24+12+24+6=66. Instead, it has only 42.
                    There are 24 shields missing, which is exactly the 100% IW bonus.
                    --George Bernard Shaw
                    --Woody Allen

Comment

Yup I agree,
                      either this or it doesn´t add the base production (which wouldn´t make any sense, as you would end up with 0 production in earlier stages of the game where no buildings to increase the production are present )

Comment

AFAIK the bug (Ironworks I mean) was already been reported.
                        HTTP Error 404 - File or Directory not found
                        Internet Information Services (IIS)

Comment

The Iron Works bonus seems to be applied thusly:

Code:
                          {BonusYieldModifiers}
                          	{BonusYieldModifier}
                          		{BonusType}BONUS_COAL{/BonusType}
                          		{YieldModifiers}
                          			{iYield}0{/iYield}
                          			{iYield}50{/iYield}
                          			{iYield}0{/iYield}
                          		{/YieldModifiers}
                          	{/BonusYieldModifier}
                          	{BonusYieldModifier}
                          		{BonusType}BONUS_IRON{/BonusType}
                          		{YieldModifiers}
                          			{iYield}0{/iYield}
                          			{iYield}50{/iYield}
                          			{iYield}0{/iYield}
                          		{/YieldModifiers}
                          	{/BonusYieldModifier}
                          {/BonusYieldModifiers}
                          From my understanding, that seems to imply that the bonus is just applied to the specific squares (ie, coal and iron), and would be applied to the actual base production. It's hard to tell from the screenshot if any of those squares are coal or iron, so I can't say if it's working or not based on it.

edit: the < and > were eaten, so used { and }

Bh

Comment

bah, another indicator to the not finished game released syndrome... maybe if it was explained properly in the civilopedia how it is supposed to work then maybe we could figure it out. but that doesnt work either. how quaint...
                            Diplogamer formerly known as LzPrst

Comment

There is iron, but no coal within the city radius. It is on grassland, it is mined and railroaded. See screenshot.

From my understanding, that seems to imply that the bonus is just applied to the specific squares (ie, coal and iron), and would be applied to the actual base production.
                              This sounds crazy. Who would invest 700 shields to get a bonus of 1 or 2 shields per turn? Besides nowhere says that Coal and Iron should be in the city radius. The game mentions only "access" to these resources.

The civilopedia says that:
                              Ironworks:
                              Cost 700
                              +50% {hammers} with Coal
                              +50% {hammers} with Iron

--George Bernard Shaw
                              --Woody Allen

Comment

Working...
                              X