Rate these INDUSTRIAL buildings in terms of importance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rate these INDUSTRIAL buildings in terms of importance

Lets say you're starting a custom game. Right off the bat you get these building choices. What is a good order to start building?

Walls
    Barracks
    Forge
    Library
    Observatory
    Colosseum
    Bank
    Courthouse
    Jail
    (Harbor)

It all depends on the situation, but I'll take a stab at it.

I am just assuming these cities have no culture generating buildings yet, that is why library is first even for the production city. If the production and food cities have growing culture, I would skip the library.
    For a gold city:
    Library
    Harbor (if possible)
    Bank
    Observatory

For a production city:
    Library
    Forge
    Barracks
    Courthouse (assuming I have enough cities that it is worthwhile)

For a food city:
    Granary
    Library
    Then Lighthouses/Harbors/Markets/Aqueducts etc. depending how unhealthy and unhappy the city is and what resources some of the buildings can take advantage of.

I know you didn't list some of the ones I mentioned in the food city, but I though it might be useful to say them anyway. In general, I find granaries very powerful in this game, so I particurally wanted to mention them. I usually build them in most cities and always in mid/late game cities.

Walls are situational for me, only build them if the city is in a precarious position. Colosseums only if the city needs them for happiness. I have yet to build a jail, but if you want to be able to have a long war, I imagine they help a lot.
    Jacob's Law "To err is human: to blame it on someone else is even more human."

Comment

Working...
    X