No announcement yet.

this game is not kosher!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, differences like this (i.e. food supply issues) are just silly, and don't add anything of value to gameplay.
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

bah i thought it would have been good tbh

Islam no access to pigs +1 culture output all citys or Hindus no cows but +1 hammer all citys...whatever

its not about whos god is better its abotu giving the religions some meaning in the game
      as things stand you see a certain religion go... ah well who cares so long as you save a few great prophets you can grab those free techs and pick up a religion somewhere and even if you cant its not a huge problem

imagine if you choice of religion had an impact on your playing style
      it would totally alter you early game tech choices

Comment

Muslim should still be able to sell his pigs...
        I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Originally posted by -Ab-
          bah i thought it would have been good tbh

Islam no access to pigs +1 culture output all citys or Hindus no cows but +1 hammer all citys...whatever

its not about whos god is better its abotu giving the religions some meaning in the game
          as things stand you see a certain religion go... ah well who cares so long as you save a few great prophets you can grab those free techs and pick up a religion somewhere and even if you cant its not a huge problem

imagine if you choice of religion had an impact on your playing style
          it would totally alter you early game tech choices
          I meant access to food resources alone.

But I'm against making religion overly important; I think there's enough to focus on as it is.
          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

As hindu revere their cows, shouldn't they get happy faces instead of food for their cows?
            daddy daddy, look i'm playing american facist and i'm nuking babylon

Comment

Originally posted by Senator
              As hindu revere their cows, shouldn't they get happy faces instead of food for their cows?
              Only until they discover Automobiles. Then, they get pissed off because they can't touch the cows that invariably plonk themselves down in the middle of their cities' biggest roads.

Comment

Originally posted by LzPrst
                and christians wont get food from muslims...

err... never mind....
                Now that you mention it, as a Christian myself, I can't remember the last time I had a roasted Muslim on a spit -- I will have to get one -- been too long for me.
                A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva

Only until they discover Automobiles. Then, they get pissed off because they can't touch the cows that invariably plonk themselves down in the middle of their cities' biggest roads.
                  Hehe, I'm from India (was born there) but don't remember that, I've never seen a stray cow in my life I don't think.

Comment

I think it is unwise to assume that Judaism in game is exactly the same as Judaism in real world. Especially stuf like religious dietary habits is something that is heavily influenced by climate and geography, rather than theology. There is no reason whatsoever why Judaism founded by Incas living near polar caps would ban pork.
                    The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God?
                    - Frank Herbert

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva

That's why Indians need fast workers - to avoid the cows.
                      The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God?
                      - Frank Herbert

Comment

I keep kosher.
                        I agree that the religions need to be different in small ways.
                        Im a little confused why firaxes included pigs and clams as resources at all.
                        But either way, its a little funny, but not particularly a big deal.

Comment

You know what makes me sad? The pussification of the West. You guys have gone all touchy-feely, and it sickens me what your once-proud civilizations have come to. Fear of legal action and fear of criticism from human rights activists has crippled you. Compare the UK now to what it was like one hundred years ago... my god.

Look at Paris. Why they don't just kick the heathen wasters back where they came from, I don't know. They're only there because they weren't able to continue on to the UK and take advantage of the benefits system.

Me, I live in indonesia and revel in provoking religious arguments. If I had made this game, I would have implemented all historical pros and cons of all the religions and enjoyed the free publicity.

BTW, three christian schoolgirls were attacked on the way home from school last week and beheaded. 14, 16 and 17, I think their ages were.

Comment

I agree that the religions need to be different in small ways.
                            Im a little confused why firaxes included pigs and clams as resources at all.
                            But either way, its a little funny, but not particularly a big deal
                            Because pigs are extreamly important in the history of europe
                            entire econamys have been built on the pig and you would be amazed at the inventive and disgusting ways you can utilise the pig and its parts and even its urine
                            i not going to go into it but from far far back up until the late 1700s (im guessing) the pig was extreamly importand in England and in wider europe

clams i dunno about

Stone D i totally agree with you,however this is a games forum not a political forum

Comment

Originally posted by -Ab-
                              clams i dunno about
                              They're not clams, they're mussels! Mussels with fries is one of Belgian's national dishes, and you wonder why it is so important as a food source? In only miss the patatoes

DeepO

Comment

BTW, there are small differences in the religions: cathedrals require different resources that halfs the build cost.

DeepO

Comment

Working...
                                X