this game is not kosher!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this game is not kosher!

in this game one could have a theocratic jewish state and still get a food bonus from pigs. In essence that would be pork meat. It's even the largest food bonus of all the pastures!
    daddy daddy, look i'm playing american facist and i'm nuking babylon

Or a theocratic Hindu state getting a food bonus from cows. Or a theocratic Buddhist state getting food bonuses from any cows, sheep, pigs, fish, clams, whales, etc. Or a theocratic Muslim state getting a food bonus from Pigs.

Or, once I mod in my own religion, a theocratic Shivaist state getting a food bonus from vegetarian food (haha, that'll be the day).
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

It would be a really cool mod to make religion affect what bonuses you can have. Judaism cannot profit from pigs, but can build bagel factories!

Comment

Is it halal?

Comment

Yeah it would be nice if the different religions had something to distinguish between them
          a small bonus of some sort each perhaps ?

Comment

Originally posted by -Ab-
            Yeah it would be nice if the different religions had something to distinguish between them
            I see the appeal of the idea, but think it wise that religions don't have special abilities. It was bold enough to include these named religions, but to try and attribute game features to these would have been asking for controversy.

Comment

You can just see the nervousness by reading the apologies in advance part of the manual.

Apparently, legal and theological advice was taken prior to release.
              I will not squirt ink in your eyes for there exists too much blindness already.

Comment

Firaxis did the right thing by including religions, but they were smart enough not go into differentitating between them. That's for us modders who don't have to worry about being politically correct or losing profit to worry about.
                It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

I have rambled a bit about the same subject here: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=140961

Not that it would have led to any result, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus

I see the appeal of the idea, but think it wise that religions don't have special abilities. It was bold enough to include these named religions, but to try and attribute game features to these would have been asking for controversy.
                    Firaxis couldn't make this innovation because of public relations sake.

However, mods here on Apolyton can offer such innovation without worrying about public relations with customers -- we're independent from the need to make corporate profit.
                    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Do different religions get activated with HOT COFFEE command?

Teh controversy! Ban Civ4!
                      I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

actually they could have said that muslims and jews wont get food from pigs, hindus wont get food from cows and christians wont get food from muslims...

err... never mind....
                        Diplogamer formerly known as LzPrst

Comment

That would be good...a disadvantage at last for religion - that you can't benefit from certain foodtypes due to religious principle.

Comment

why ?
                            this is a game with different races in it that have different attributes, so why shouldnt religion

my point is that Christianity is much further down the tech tree than Buddism (omg ! descrimination!!) so it ought to have some attribute to reflect this

political corretness can kiss my bottom tbh those who want to find offense will find it regardless of if its actually there

Comment

I have this feeling that some folks would freak-out if they began adding religious advantages/disadvantages. I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole.

Comment

Working...
                              X