Applying CIV solutions to real world problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying CIV solutions to real world problems

We, the CIV players, are of course the real experts on how to 'build civilizations to stand the test of time', so the RL politicians should really listen to us. An example:

Many cities in France are now in riots (angry faces). The response of the government is to send in musketeers (well, police actually, but as the game goes it's the same thing). This is, as we know, wrong - since France has the civic 'Universal Suffrage', where soldiers don't bring happy faces. Introducing 'Hereditary Rule' should fix the problem. +1 happy face per military unit, remember?

On the religious side France now has 'Free Religion'. A diversity of religions will bring more happy faces. Since the afflicted cities seem to be mainly dominated by christians and muslims, sending in some buddhist and hindu missionaries would do the trick.

If this isn't sufficient there's always the option to acquire more luxuries to boost the happy faces. Anybody who's taken a stroll along the Champs Élysées would comment that luxuiries is the one thing the French have in abundancy. But wait, what about hit movies from Hollywood and hit musicals from Broadway? Bring 'em on!

I'll forward these suggestions to the French president. Meanwhile I'm sure someone on the forums can make a quick fix on the Iraqi problems, and forward it to Mr Bush.
    Last edited by Slartibartfast; November 8, 2005, 10:07.

"Dear various faction leaders, Shiites, Sunnis, Kurds, et. al.:

Our words are backed with nuclear weapons.

Yours,

W"

Comment

The thing is that these cities have 50%+ Arabic culture, which means they are about to culture-flip. :

France needs more great artists and colloseums.
      The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God?
      - Frank Herbert

Comment

I wonder if they have asked the Americans for hit musicals, hit singles and hit movies. They already have the Eiffel Tower wonder, so every city has a Broadcast Tower.

Comment

Lol :-)

let me calm you down: I live in a suburb near Paris, and haven't seen any fire or riot...
          Perhaps we should build Theatre of the Globe, since it is a national wonder it s still available!

Comment

Well, the French leaders should just RTFM, or at least enable pop-ups. I know it's a bit unintuitive that to solve the problems in Paris, you need to build a few theaters elsewhere in the nation, but it's really your responsibility as a leader to know the damn rules and not just sit there whining about the Globe Theater option being shaded and unavailable.

Comment

Maybe they could enable slavery and... reduce... the number of angry people while increasing production rapidly for a short time.
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                Maybe they could enable slavery and... reduce... the number of angry people while increasing production rapidly for a short time.
                That sounds like a good idea - they could actually use these people to speed up the Globe Theatre construction process!
                The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God?
                - Frank Herbert

Comment

OK guys.
                  As soon as I get elected:

- I restore hereditary rule (call me Yuufo Ist)
                  - I set justice to slavery
                  - I could perhaps set Theocracy with Islam as state religion?

Another ideas??

Comment

Not to worry; Frederick has modern armor these days- it's just a matter of time before he tries yet again for the conquest victory and makes this a moot discussion.

Comment

Re: Applying CIV solutions to real world problems

Originally posted by Slartibartfast Meanwhile I'm sure someone on the forums can make a quick fix on the Iraqi problems, and forward it to Mr Bush.
                      I think he's just waiting for the red fist next to the city name to go away. It's only been two turns so far...
                      "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                      "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                      "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Re: Re: Applying CIV solutions to real world problems

Originally posted by Stuie
                        I think he's just waiting for the red fist next to the city name to go away. It's only been two turns so far...
                        So why isn't he sending in a Great Artist like Eminem or Julia Roberts? And what do you do after the fist is gone? Sending in more military units is only going to solve the issue if he switches to hereditary rule, and looking at his daughters I'm not sure that's such a great idea.

Comment

Working...
                        X