tile property formula

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tile property formula

i'm trying to figure out how the tile property formula works but so far have not spent enough time to try it.

clear is:
    - undisputed land that gets added within your culture border immediately belongs 100% to you.

- capturing a city and growing the culture border after the resistance is gont will add 1% of "belonging" each turn. so probably after 50 turns if the other civ recaptures a neighboring town, you will keep the influence.

- culture bomb will take all undisputed tiles and all tiles around the city with no culture (usually a size 1/2 city). if the city has 0< x <10 culture (so some culture, but not yet grown borders), it will be able to keep it (at least for a while)

- you can steal tiles from other civ through cultural pressure.
    this is where i am not sure. sometimes i see you winning back tiles thanks to closeness even without huge culture production. sometimes the changes seem very very slow. maybe it is a historical average? so eg. calcutta posessed a tile for 100 turns. you come along, build a city and lots of culture. i have not tested, but i expect you'll need 51 turns of local cultural superiority to get that tile.
    but these are assumptions... how much does time matter? how much does distance matter? i guess with the world builder cheat option i could find out but i won't do that before i have had some decent playing time
    - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
    - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

I was of the assumption that it had to do with how deep into your would-be borders the tile is, and how long you've been putting "pressure" on it. I can slowly convert land to myself, but not until I've been exerting culture on it for a while, and it goes more quickly with tiles in the heart of my radius than with spaces far away.

Comment

which would lead to the conclusion that distance matters.

so what is the distance coefficient? logarithmic or linear? using "static" multiplicators?... FIBONACCI ?

Comment

by the way, i will keep the first post up-to-date by adding all confimed conclusions to it for future reference

too bad alexman works for firaxis. this is something he would dig into

Comment

Working...
        X