Honestly, DrSpike, grow up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, grow up, Dr. Spike!
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Spikey!!!

Nope, nothing...vanished from the earth.
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

God if I haven't had the game by now, I would go ****ing nuts. Already I can't focus on my work, all the time thinking what strategy I will use when I get home.
        The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God?
        - Frank Herbert

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
          The game is installed. See you later.
          ...and this was the last we saw of Spikie
          This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I did the tutorial, which was amusing. Well done, you have successfully moved your unit! And that little hand wave Sid does when he is explaining stuff is just hilarious.

Comment

I didn't need to phone any stores - I just got up at the crack of dawn, and went to the local MVC shop, expecting it to be first of many shops I had to go to, to try and get the game. And there it was - I was playing it by 10.30am.

Comment

Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Ladder game, Spike?
                  Friedrich Psitalon
                  Admin, Civ4Players Ladder
                  Consultant, Firaxis Games

Comment

Originally posted by PJL
                    I didn't need to phone any stores - I just got up at the crack of dawn, and went to the local MVC shop, expecting it to be first of many shops I had to go to, to try and get the game. And there it was - I was playing it by 10.30am.
                    I had to go to exactly two EB stores. One called the other and I went right over. I knew I was getting in trouble since it was my lunch... hour-ish. But I had to nab it.

I was mildly upset that I called EB and asked if they had Pre-orders for like a week and they said "no". Then I get to the first guy and he says all they have in are pre-orders from the last two weeks.

Then It took me almost a week to play a real game. One where I wasn't poking my self with a mechanical pencil to stay awake.

Tom P.

Comment

Someone should do a study, I dont believe his average post count per day will actually drop, his average sleep hours per day probably will but certainly not post count

Enjoy the game Spike, I certainly have thus far
                      Last edited by conmcb25; November 4, 2005, 11:03.
                      *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Total Posts: 19907 (13.23 posts per day)

That's sick. Closing in on 20k...
                        "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                        "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                        "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Originally posted by Fried-Psitalon
                          Ladder game, Spike?
                          Sure, but let me have a couple of days to work the basics out.

Comment

Originally posted by conmcb25
                            Someone should do a study, I dont believe his average post count per day will actually drop, his average sleep hours per day probably will but certainly not post count

Enjoy the game Spike, I certainly have thus far
                            Haha. I think you're right about him not dropping in post count, but losing a lot more sleep.
                            Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
                            Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
                            7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Took the day off as well and loitered by the postman's van trying to persuade him to just hand me my parcel from Amazon before he started at the other end of the road.

of course it doesn't work out the box and there's only so much fun to be had from reading the manual.

Comment

Works like a charm for me so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X