Game to easy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game to easy?

Is it just me but its kinda of boring just clicking on the recomended stuff to build... Whats the point of that if it already tells us what we should build... I mean all i do is just keep passing turns and clicking the recomended buttons... Theres somthing im missing right

Well, the recommended buttons only tell you one improvement that can be built.

The larger meaning of the game lies in making your own decisions on what to build and when based on the situation and what you want to achieve. Sometimes doing what the comp says, sometimes saying "you don't know **** mr. comp., i'm gonna do this instead".
    While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

Its _advising_ you, not demanding you play that way. Often times what the advisor want isn't anywhere close to what I want, I ignore them completely in my games. I mean the advisor usually wants to build national wonders or military units while i'm trying to build up income/convert other civs because it has no idea of my strategy. So what you need, is a strategy, or just an overall plan. Play the game, don't let it play you. :P
      "Every good communist should know political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao tse-Tung

Comment

And as the difficulty level goes up, you can't sit there hitting enter at the end of every turn. You actually have to do something

Comment

Is there a way to turn off the advisors?

Comment

You LISTEN to the build adviser?

Most of the time it is wayyyyyyyyyyyy off in my opinion. Just like autoworker and suggestion in where to place your city.

Comment

Advice is mostly decorative.

Comment

Game to easy?
                Spelling too easy?

Comment

Re: Game to easy?

Originally posted by cursvie
                  Is it just me but its kinda of boring just clicking on the recomended stuff to build... Whats the point of that if it already tells us what we should build... I mean all i do is just keep passing turns and clicking the recomended buttons... Theres somthing im missing right
                  Oh, man, I wish i would have seen this 5 seconds ago...

I totally feel your pain. This game is so dissapointing I'm nearing uninstallation of it and putting civ3 back on and just play at a harder level.

All I do is press the space bar...nothing happens. No wars, no volcanos, no barbarians, no anything but pressing the space bar....

such a lackluster game....this will surely be the last in the series, sadly.

Comment

You guys do realize there's a half dozen difficulty levels right? And the Aggressive AI option in custom games...

Comment

Originally posted by Mike4879
                      You guys do realize there's a half dozen difficulty levels right? And the Aggressive AI option in custom games...
                      Don't forget the raging barbarian option, didn't somebody post a screen shot of a barbarian city which had managed to build the Colossus?
                      "Hindsight is all well and good... until you trip." - Said by me

Comment

Press escape
                        Chose options
                        uncheck all advisory checkboxes
                        play your own game
                        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Listening advisors was for me a good way to learn to play Civ1 (1991) while I was kid (11+ years).

But when you get good enough to win on average difficulties, you really need to play better then "advisors" in order to win.

So I guess same applies to Civ4, advisors there are to help new players, and to advise good players if there are missing something, but they are not there to play for you.

Comment

People must know their englisheven if i'm french canadian)

It's the very defination of the word:

ad·vis·er or ad·vi·sor Audio pronunciation of "advisor" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (d-vzr)
                            n.

1. One that advises, such as a person or firm that offers official or professional advice to clients.
                            2. An educator who advises students in academic and personal matters.

=========

I often see what he advise me to do, and i decide If it's a good idea... like I said before. The only thing I miss, it's the domestic advisor and the millitary advisor of civ3!!!!!

Originally posted by player1
                            Listening advisors was for me a good way to learn to play Civ1 (1991) while I was kid (11+ years).

But when you get good enough to win on average difficulties, you really need to play better then "advisors" in order to win.

So I guess same applies to Civ4, advisors there are to help new players, and to advise good players if there are missing something, but they are not there to play for you.
                            bleh

Comment

Re: Game to easy?

Originally posted by cursvie
                              Also, in the options, there is a specific option to turn off worker recommendations, so what's the problem?

Comment

Working...
                              X