Perm. Alliances???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perm. Alliances???

What do you have to do to get this?? Is it only available if you do a custom or MP game and set the teams? If so that is really silly. I don't want to be stuck with someone from the beginning of the game, but if I work at diplomacy enough, the option should be there for me to strike up an alliance at some point. I had perfect relations with Rome in one game. Basically 10-15 +'s and no -'s, best I could do was a defensive pact. And in MP, me and a friend were playing against 6-7 AI nations. We were trading techs and stuff all game, but could never get perm. allianced. Whats the deal???

Oh and speaking of defensive pacts, why does it cancel the defensive pact when I get attacked. It seems like the treaty is upheld because my ally goes to war, but it also cancels the treaty. Is this a bug, or by design? It is rather irritating.

From what i've gathered there is two ways to get Perm.alliance, first way is to enable it on the Custom Game preferences and then research it (Facism or Communism/im playing with a modded civ) or simply put yourself on the same team as the one you want to ally with.

If any party in the Defensive pact is the aggressor to a war then the pact is automatically cancelled, however if a nation declares war on you while you've got the pact the other party will join you in the war

Comment

If any party in the Defensive pact is the aggressor to a war then the pact is automatically cancelled, however if a nation declares war on you while you've got the pact the other party will join you in the war
      Yeah, I know that, but look when war is declared on you. Your ally will declare war, but it will also say that the defensive pact has been cancled.

Comment

Working...
      X