The happy/unhappy and healthy/unhealthy was hard to understand at first

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The happy/unhappy and healthy/unhealthy was hard to understand at first

I played the game to DEATH this weekend, and it was only until last night while i was reading the manual that i really started to understand the happiness and health meters.

For some reason, since they put them to the right of the food and production output, i was more freaked out about unhappiness and unhealthiness than i should have been.

In summary, unhappiness and unhealthiness doesn't mean JACK! ...UNLESS the number of bad exceeds the good.

I was under the wrong impression that if if i kept working on improvements to make people happy, my production would go up, but it doesn't. I thought for one happy face i made, i would get one hammer.

haha. I'm dumb. No wonder my citizens were so happy! I gave them EVERYTHING they wanted, cause i was trying to increase production!

And... Am I mistaken that the Greater Than and Less Than symbols are backwards?

It's like 5 > 6 = 1

Shouldn't it be the other way?
    5 < 6 = 1

Just me, I guess.

Tom P.

Comment

Not sure... either way, unhappiness and unhealthiness are always there. It's relatively impossible to actually reduce the unhappy and unhealthy points your city has. The goal is to make sure you have more happy and healthy points than the unhappy and unhealthy ones. There are a few ways to reduce the bad numbers, for example the recycling plant that removes unhealthiness generated by buildings, and you can chop down jungles to remove the unhealthiness effect they have. You can build jails to reduce war weariness etc...
      -Arkalius

Comment

Working...
      X