Patch is coming ASAP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patch is coming ASAP!

There is a patch in the works! They cant give me a release date yet and they are very much aware the game has bugs! They are getting phone calls streaming in with people with complaints and bugs! I asked why they couldnt just post something and they said only the Civ4 Developers at Firaxis have the power to do it and didnt know why they havent posted anything yet!

Patch is coming!

Civfreak1970

Well, this is nice... but it doesn't actually tell us anything.
    What is SportsDigs.com?

Comment

LOL

Sry...Gave you all the info I could obtain that was true!

Civfreak1970

Comment

Feel free to post something false--it will help kill time for those of us not able to play Civ IV.

Comment

Re: Patch is coming ASAP!

How do you know this? You called the tech support? Or you have friend at Take2?

See ya,

Originally posted by Civfreak1970
          There is a patch in the works! They cant give me a release date yet and they are very much aware the game has bugs! They are getting phone calls streaming in with people with complaints and bugs! I asked why they couldnt just post something and they said only the Civ4 Developers at Firaxis have the power to do it and didnt know why they havent posted anything yet!

Patch is coming!

Civfreak1970
          bleh

Comment

I'm beginning to smell B.S. here... I haven't seen anyone else confirm this forthcoming patch.
            What is SportsDigs.com?

Comment

I can safely say that there is a patch on the way. I don't need Firaxis or Take2 to tell me that, either. Firaxis has always supported their games and they're not going to stop now.

Comment

Originally posted by BBarl
                Feel free to post something false--it will help kill time for those of us not able to play Civ IV.
                Eating yellow snow reduces your risk of catching bird flu by up to 54%.

Comment

Well, they never can optimize the, do they? The code sucks I think, about 75% of the players have problems with running the game, even when they have great specs.
                  Greetz, Ramses

Comment

Dont think the code sucks, just the graphic engine.
                    Owww, I'm so cute! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsses
                      Well, they never can optimize the, do they? The code sucks I think, about 75% of the players have problems with running the game, even when they have great specs.
                      You have no basis for that number and I sincerely doubt that it's anything close to 75%. A significant number of people are having problems, but the majority of them have only themselves to blame for not checking the system requirements, which clearly list T&L and have done so for at least several months.

Even ignoring that, of course it will look like a lot of people have problems on the forum because the ones without problems are off playing the game, rather than posting about it. It's also a well known fact that people experiencing problems, even if they are a minority, will make much more noise than people without issues.

I used to stop in at Apolyton pretty much every day, but I've hardly clicked on anything but Civ4 for the last several days. The only issue I've had is stuttering wonder movies and I'm convinced that's a driver issue. I expect that it will be addressed when Firaxis is done dealing with more serious problems

Comment

No problems here. Game works like a charm. That should be good for knocking the average down to at least 70%, I think.

Comment

I dont know why I even bother responding some times, but the problem isnt people not having T&L or outdated drivers or whatever other user-side issue you want to point at.

My card has T&L and I have serious graphic issues playing the game.

From what I have seen, the game looks spectacular and after observing big budget releases like Civ IV come out over the years, there are always software problems, hence the concept of "patching." The only real solution is to cross your fingers and hope the game's initial problems happen to everyone else except you or sit patiently by and wait for the "patch." Unfortunatly I get to wait this time around.

Comment

Originally posted by Repairman_Jack
                            No problems here. Game works like a charm. That should be good for knocking the average down to at least 70%, I think.
                            65%
                            The tallest trees from acorns grow...

Comment

up to 70% again I'm afraid

Comment

Working...
                              X