Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll- Is this game running well for you (with pc that meets reqs)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The problem I encounter is when I start having a large territory.

My specs are :
    AMD 64 3200+
    OCZ PC3200 1GB RAM
    120gb ATA hard drive
    120gb ATA hard drive
    300gb SATA hard drive
    ATI x700 Pro
    Windows XP Pro SP2

I always played huge maps, so I don't know if thats the problem. I could play all my games like Counter Strike Source, Age of Empire III before Civ4. But after I crash, sometimes I encounter launching problems in Counter Strike Source.

The only way I could fix my problem was to restart.

Even after a restart, my saved civ games won't last more then 4-8 turns. The most annoying part about it is if it crashes on my 3rd turn of playing. Then autosave wouldn't of saved.

Comment

Originally posted by gonzilla
      I can play good enough. Only 2-3 system crashes a day.
      In my humble opinion, 2 to 3 crashes a day is not good enough. If your PC meets the recommended requirements, CivIV should run smoothly right out of the box. Even if your computer only meets the minimum specs, you should have very few issues. All these crashes, hangs, lags, quirky graphics, bugs and whatever are not acceptable. Firaxis or whoever owns CivIV needs to clean up the mess.
      Virginia Tech Hokies--->GO HOKIES!!! TechSideline.com

Comment

Its 100% stable, but it gets pretty freaking slow at the end on this system:

Radeon 128mb x700
        AMD64 3500
        1024mb DDR RAM

I'd expect it to be uber smooth given that the graphics arnt amazing and that its turn based.

Comment

Working...
        X