No announcement yet.

D3DX9_26.dll - now what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some of the previous games you installed updated the DirectX files ALREADY, and this year there is a SERIES of versioned files for DirectX, so it's confusing.

You can INSTALL just the D3DX9_2x file you are missing... check out this link.

Rajahoki adalah situs daftar sastra game terlengkap abad ini yang memberikan kemenangan setiap harinya melalui permainan terbaik yang selalu update setiap harinya, dapatkan penawaran dengan harga terbaik hanya di rajahoki.

There are links there to download a repair.

Best,

Chip

Comment

Originally posted by thechip
      Some of the previous games you installed updated the DirectX files ALREADY, and this year there is a SERIES of versioned files for DirectX, so it's confusing.

You can INSTALL just the D3DX9_2x file you are missing... check out this link.

Rajahoki adalah situs daftar sastra game terlengkap abad ini yang memberikan kemenangan setiap harinya melalui permainan terbaik yang selalu update setiap harinya, dapatkan penawaran dengan harga terbaik hanya di rajahoki.

There are links there to download a repair.

Best,

Chip

Amazing, this link actually worked

thanks to everyone, now I am off to play Civ!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cartman
        Well, I replaced the faulty component DLL, and now its' running at least, but the graphics are screwed up...

All the terrain tiles are black, and all the world leaders look like nothing but a pair of floating eyeballs and dentures....Plus theres' some audio-skipping in the intro, but that I can live with.
        yeah me too. so how to see the terrain tiles and make the leaders look more like human (rather than floating eyeballs)??

Comment

What are your graphic settings? What is your computer's configuration?
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

well to start with...im using a laptop actualy. hahahaha...

INTEL PENTIUM 4M 2.00 GHz
            256MB RAM
            Integrated Garphic Card (Intel 82845G Graphics Controller)

geeezz..i supposed it's my laptop problem right? (too ancient to play such games)

Comment

Originally posted by kimi_razali
              well to start with...im using a laptop actualy. hahahaha...

INTEL PENTIUM 4M 2.00 GHz
              256MB RAM
              Integrated Garphic Card (Intel 82845G Graphics Controller)

geeezz..i supposed it's my laptop problem right? (too ancient to play such games)

The Intel 8xxx series doesn't support Hardware T&L. That's probably your problem. Have you tried patching the game? It fixed the issue for some people, though not all.

Comment

Originally posted by Willem

The Intel 8xxx series doesn't support Hardware T&L. That's probably your problem. Have you tried patching the game? It fixed the issue for some people, though not all.
                I read somewhere in this forum that the patch cause worse damages to the gameplay (sometimes crashes computers). Is the patch really safe to be used?

Comment

I read somewhere in this forum that the patch cause worse damages to the gameplay (sometimes crashes computers). Is the patch really safe to be used?
                  A very small minority of players have had problems with the patch, but most people have seen improvements in the game's performance. That's the purpose of patches. And it's not like your computer is going to explode if the patch doesn't work. There will also be a new patch very soon that will probably fix the issues that the small minority are experiencing. However, I wouldn't count on any patch solving your particular problem, it's a hardware issue your facing. If it does, consider yourself lucky.

Comment

hahaha...totally agree with that

anyway..I'm saving my salary for a new laptop. I heard that new processors coming out both from Intel and Anthlon. For the time being, I guess I have to be thankful that my game doesn't crash (eventhough I see floating eyeballs and teeth).

Comment

hahaha...totally agree with that

anyway..I'm saving my salary for a new laptop. I heard that new processors coming out both from Intel and Anthlon. For the time being, I guess I have to be thankful that my game doesn't crash (eventhough I see floating eyeballs and teeth).
                      Go with AMD, they have the best high end processors at the moment.

Comment

For laptops too?
                        Just asking, not really my field. I though you may have overlooked that part.
                        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by alva
                          For laptops too?
                          I'm not sure if anyone uses their processors in laptops, it's not my field either. You'd have to do a bit of research on that one I guess. I'm sure someone out there is using them.

Comment

Originally posted by alva
                            For laptops too?
                            They do have a line of processors for notebook computers.
                            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                            X